[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 01:13

Curious : Would it be possible to implement a feature that lets a faction resurge after being completely defeated?

By that i mean that if a faction is completely eliminated it will stay "dead" for a longer time, but after a while a large fleet jumps in in an attempt to retake the home sectors and from there on start that factions usual conquest again, like already implemented?

The reason i ask this is because it seems rather inevitable that sooner or later there will be no conflicts anymore because sooner or later some factions will win over the others and there will be no more opposition after that.

On top of that, lore-wise, say the Xenon are defeated. Surely somewhere else in the universe (that we don't see in X:R) there are more Xenon who'd try to retake lost home sectors of X:R even if all Xenon sectors in X:R are conquered by Argons.
Same with Argons from the Omicron factions. Surely they have ships and troops all over the galaxy, not only the X:R sectors, so wouldn't it be realistic if even after a complete elimination of the Omicron factions after a longer period of time a fleet from the Omicron factions show up to retake their overrun homebase territory again and, if successful, from then on try to retake and rebuild their territory?

That way, even if factions get completely eliminated for a longer period of time, they can resurge and the conflict might continue.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 02:10

Scoob wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
CptAWatts wrote:Ah ok I understand. That is cool that they do build there. Do they ever stop building?
Every couple of hours of continuous play (that means you must be playing for 2+hours at one sitting) a corporation will be randomly picked to build a station (from a list of stations that the corporation can build) in a semi-random location.

So albion Corporations will build in either Albion, or Devries for example. There are some calculations and such for where to build first, etc. (like they wont build where there are too many stations and they will value different zones differently depending on resources, etc.)

The Omicron corporations might build in Devries too.
Wondered why I've had so many stations built, I tend to have fairly long play-sessions :)

I had noticed much of the MICT behaviour I was used to is actually present in CWIR - I had to check I'd not left CWIR running by mistake!

Edit: Quick question - does "Replicate" destroy the target ship? I couldn't find much info on it in the wiki.

Scoob.
It will only copy it, not destroy it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 02:13

Rei Ayanami wrote:Curious : Would it be possible to implement a feature that lets a faction resurge after being completely defeated?

By that i mean that if a faction is completely eliminated it will stay "dead" for a longer time, but after a while a large fleet jumps in in an attempt to retake the home sectors and from there on start that factions usual conquest again, like already implemented?

The reason i ask this is because it seems rather inevitable that sooner or later there will be no conflicts anymore because sooner or later some factions will win over the others and there will be no more opposition after that.

On top of that, lore-wise, say the Xenon are defeated. Surely somewhere else in the universe (that we don't see in X:R) there are more Xenon who'd try to retake lost home sectors of X:R even if all Xenon sectors in X:R are conquered by Argons.
Same with Argons from the Omicron factions. Surely they have ships and troops all over the galaxy, not only the X:R sectors, so wouldn't it be realistic if even after a complete elimination of the Omicron factions after a longer period of time a fleet from the Omicron factions show up to retake their overrun homebase territory again and, if successful, from then on try to retake and rebuild their territory?

That way, even if factions get completely eliminated for a longer period of time, they can resurge and the conflict might continue.
Most factions will not be wiped out over any short term period, except for maybe Reivers or ROC or HOA. Even that is difficult, though, if the player isn't involved. It could happen, but I doubt even after a hundred hours of a playtime in one save that it would happen.

You can bring back a faction, however. All you would have to do is allow that faction to gain control over their home zones once more. You could board stations in support of a faction. for example, if PMC take gemstone manufactory and HOA is gone, you could board and capture all the stations in gemstone controlled by PMC and capture them for HOA. This would bring HOA back.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 11:10

Rei Ayanami wrote:Curious : Would it be possible to implement a feature that lets a faction resurge after being completely defeated?

I liked the idea from a fun gameplay perspective. I'm not sure about realism as a justification though. The nearest other Xenon/Argon/etc. systems are probably many light years away from Rebirth systems and I don't think any race has FTL travel.

Anyway, I still think it's a nice idea and it's great that the team have added a way for the player to resurrect factions.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 16:30

I actually triggered a Xenon Attack Incoming mission quite early-game, which was way too much for me and the local forces to handle. Xenon actually ended up taking over a Zone for a short while.

I'm not sure how exactly an AI building an outpost is triggered, whether it needs to be a scripted invasion, or their fleet presence and an absence of all others is enough to trigger a CV be sent.

This type of mission is a potential vehicle for a resurgence of a defeated faction in theory. A mission triggered fleet could invade a Zone and wipe out all other faction presence, however there's no where to send the CV from of course.

I wonder if a "special case" type mission could be added, that clearly states this was a "hidden" fleet of a defeated Faction and they have a CV with them...somewhere. I.e. this mission would trigger in the factions prior home-zone at a rival-built station and only IF the player takes it is their a chance (a good chance) of this faction taking back their home Zone.

Might be a fun way for the player to choose if a faction stays dead, or has a chance to come back. I'd see this as a potential late-game option for players who want a bit more action, or for situations like mine - which is a bit of an anomaly - where the Reivers got defeated in about 10 hours, with no help from me!

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 17:08

"Oh look! It's Admiral Adama on his Arawn with his fleet of civilian and construction vessels!"

Nice image :)

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 20:05

BlackRain wrote:You can bring back a faction, however. All you would have to do is allow that faction to gain control over their home zones once more. You could board stations in support of a faction. for example, if PMC take gemstone manufactory and HOA is gone, you could board and capture all the stations in gemstone controlled by PMC and capture them for HOA. This would bring HOA back.
I know that donating zones and stations to other factions exists, however as far as i know you can't really donate ships/stations/whatever to factions that are enemy with everyone else, like xenons, right? At least the wiki says that you can only give a station/ship/zone to an enemy if you find a neutral mediator, but i don't think such a thing exist for facitons that are enemy with everyone.

I wouldn't really mind the lack of factions not being able to resurge on their own (even though it would be neat) if it's possible to give stations to enemy factions aswell in order to resurrect them.

Maybe via a spy mission? (Some shady npc on a station : "pssst... hey, you there... fly to sector sigma and plug this USB stick in some computer on one of the stations there. I can't tell you much more but i'll give you tons of cash for it!"... *plugs in USB stick in a computer on that station* Xenons are back, whoopsie!)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 23:42

You can't gift stuff to xenon but you can board and capture stations for any faction, even xenon

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 23:52

Would that bring them back if they were gone though?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 00:06

CptAWatts wrote:Would that bring them back if they were gone though?
As I said, if they gain control of a home zone, yes. As of right now, the xenon can't be completely defeated anyway.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 00:18

Ah ok. But I thought to take control of a home zone you need ships. If you only capture a station and give them the station, how will they take control of the zone? Will the transfer of the station cause ships to spawn for the race you gave the station to?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 01:41

CptAWatts wrote:Ah ok. But I thought to take control of a home zone you need ships. If you only capture a station and give them the station, how will they take control of the zone? Will the transfer of the station cause ships to spawn for the race you gave the station to?
They do not need ships to take the zone just capturing all stations in the zone for them is enough and then they should gain control of the zone and eventually spawn fleets again

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 01:56

Didn't know that. Awesome.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 17:41

Thank you for all the answers. :)

Is there any list which faction has which zone as home sectors?
That would be useful for both defending a certain faction from getting eliminated aswell as resurrecting factions.

Or are all zones considered homezones of faction X where faction X owned that zone at the games start? Like, Field of Opportunity>Fatal Path>Biting Steel is a Xenon home zone because Xenons own that zone before the mod starts?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 21:24

Hi BR,

I think I might have encountered a bug with Player shipyards....

I have a RoC Capital Shipyard full of supplies. However, I want to build some Taranis ultimately, so I bought a "bare" Taranis with no equipment from PMC, got it home, and asked for it to be upgraded with the missing equipment at my Shipyard. However, this process appears to have stalled. My Taranis is docked at my SY, resource status shows it has all it needs, yet it's not performing the upgrade.

It's been 5+ minutes so far, so I'll give it a little longer, but it's not looking good.

Edit: I just did a save/reload and it appears to have triggered the upgrade taking the equipment from the Shipyards inventory, and Construction drones are now showing as in use. Maybe just a blip, but I will update if/when it completes.

Edit 2: Yep, that woke it up, ship upgrades complete. Not sure why it got stuck like that, but Save/Reload did the trick :)

Scoob.

lqvinh

Sucellus attack bug

Post by lqvinh » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 10:16

Hi BR and the team,

First I'd like to say your work is the most amazing ever! You guys actually made this game enjoyable! I'm having so much fun with it now.

And today I'm flying around ordering my Sucellus to hammer some PMC Outpost, then this funny bug happens:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

As you can see, the projectiles go right through the hole at the center of the station. I have to order the Sucellus to move to a different position to finish it up, so no big deal but I just want you to know about this.

Thanks for your hard work!
Best regards,
Vinh

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 12:39

Thanks for the report. We are already aware of this and have already done what we could to alleviate it. Unfortunately we can't do much more with it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 23. Dec 16, 12:41

Rei Ayanami wrote:Thank you for all the answers. :)

Is there any list which faction has which zone as home sectors?
That would be useful for both defending a certain faction from getting eliminated aswell as resurrecting factions.

Or are all zones considered homezones of faction X where faction X owned that zone at the games start? Like, Field of Opportunity>Fatal Path>Biting Steel is a Xenon home zone because Xenons own that zone before the mod starts?
Home zones are usually where the shipyards are but there are a few exceptions, like Reivers and Xenon. Reivers are sanguine agony and the xenon is (forgot the name but the one farthest in maelstrom)

Lord Morpheus
x3tc

Post by Lord Morpheus » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 02:41

I don't know if this bug is related to your mod or to something else. But there are two ships that aren't repaired properly.
One is the Xenon I (Hull only repaired to 50%).
And two is the Sahannar Freighter (Hull only repaired to 66%).
I am using five star engineers on both ships so hull should be repaired to 100%. It seems the AI ships have this bug too.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 20:36

Lord Morpheus wrote:I don't know if this bug is related to your mod or to something else. But there are two ships that aren't repaired properly.
One is the Xenon I (Hull only repaired to 50%).
And two is the Sahannar Freighter (Hull only repaired to 66%).
I am using five star engineers on both ships so hull should be repaired to 100%. It seems the AI ships have this bug too.
Thats definitely not a CWIR problem

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”