[MOD] World War X - Version 3.2- 07-17-2015 updated

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 31. May 15, 17:37

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:An admiral aim :)

This mod and also the Conquer mod (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=379402) are two good options for the base of such a mod bonanza. Later, if possible, the two mod authors hope to make them compatible but for now, they both look like fun reworks to me.
i dunno... i need directions. i wanna cram in as many mods as i can :P i want new ships, new sectors, better fleet commands, carriers, better fighter management,

my biggest dilemma is weather i should do campaign or not

and will world war X definetly work 100% if i install after campaign?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 31. May 15, 19:10

Yeah, WWX has been designed to work normally after the campaign.

As for cramming in many mods, Rebirth is quite good for that. I only mention those two mods since they are big mods that change game play quite a bit and at the moment, they are not compatible. First Person Gameplay Overhaul mod and BettyAI 2015 are also quite big not sure if that creates any problems or not.

Pretty much most other mod can work with each other without worrying about install order. There may be exceptions but if you stick with mods known to be working with the latest game version (or others that are relatively recent and don't have issues reported in their threads) and check mod threads in case of reported incompatibilities, you should be ok to go mental.

Full list of mods known about to users of the English modding forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788

There are quite a few more on Steam Workshop but to get ideas about them, you'd need to make a judgement based on the date of last update and Workshop comments.

As for recommendation, I personally find the following finished mods offer abilities I enjoy:

Miscellaneous OOZ Combat Tweaks (there's an IZ option too)
Carrier & MoreCarriers (lets Fighters dock on carrier)
MultiAssignment (cuts down on the time faffing about with chatting NPCs)
Galaxy Station Range (for ships assigned to your stations)
MitchTech Station Logistics (X3 CLS-like option)
Auto Trader / Yet Another Trader (X3 UT-like options)
5km Scan Range (makes activating infopoints on station after station less annoying)
Capital Ship Bridge (epic)
Orange Mouse Cursor (altered contrast vs background)
Sidebar Extension (used by some mods)
Trade Menu Cargo Hold Filter (makes the Trade Window a bit more intelligent)
OOZ ship build (saves running around the galaxy for shopping)
Mission Computer (a bit like the old bulletin boards)
Slightly More Useful Plot Station (in case you'd like a plot station to make some ship components)
Station Engineers (player stations repair over time)

There are many other great mods, with some under development, so don't take the above list be restricting :)

Edit: Typo in last sentence.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 1. Jun 15, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 02:20

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Yeah, WWX has been designed to work normally after the campaign.

As for cramming in many mods, Rebirth is quite good for that. I only mention those two mods since they are big mods that change game play quite a bit and at the moment, they are not compatible. First Person Gameplay Overhaul mod and BettyAI 2015 are also quite big not sure if that creates any problems or not.

Pretty much most other mod can work with each other without worrying about install order. There may be exceptions but if you stick with mods known to be working with the latest game version (or others that are relatively recent and don't have issues reported in their threads) and check mod threads in case of reported incompatibilities, you should be ok to go mental.

Full list of mods known about to users of the English modding forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=370788

There are quite a few more on Steam Workshop but to get ideas about them, you'd need to make a judgement based on the date of last update and Workshop comments.

As for recommendation, I personally find the following finished mods offer abilities I enjoy:

Miscellaneous OOZ Combat Tweaks (there's an IZ option too)
Carrier & MoreCarriers (lets Fighters dock on carrier)
MultiAssignment (cuts down on the time faffing about with chatting NPCs)
Galaxy Station Range (for ships assigned to your stations)
MitchTech Station Logistics (X3 CLS-like option)
Auto Trader / Yet Another Trader (X3 UT-like options)
5km Scan Range (makes activating infopoints on station after station less annoying)
Capital Ship Bridge (epic)
Orange Mouse Cursor (altered contrast vs background)
Sidebar Extension (used by some mods)
Trade Menu Cargo Hold Filter (makes the Trade Window a bit more intelligent)
OOZ ship build (saves running around the galaxy for shopping)
Mission Computer (a bit like the old bulletin boards)
Slightly More Useful Plot Station (in case you'd like a plot station to make some ship components)
Station Engineers (player stations repair over time)

There are many other great mods, with some under development, so don't like the above list be restricting :)
does player shipyards work with WWX? i not sure i hear if WWX uses playershipyards as part of it. anyone elaborate on this please?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 03:43

player shipyards is now built into wwx, including new ships blackrain designed to compliment the rest of the mod :)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 04:29

sweet, well i already added couple of other ship mods.

my game now has 50 mods :) seems to be working fine. gonna start properly tommorow ;) almost as many mods as i would add for skyrim lol :P

here is my list for anyone wnana check out what i added maybe, suggest anymore mods. an tell me what you think of my collection :)

http://s287.photobucket.com/user/Nick03 ... sort=1&o=0

by the way, how does the carrier mod work?

so say i spawned in a few dozen fighters from shipyard, how will they join a carrier? i dont wanna ask 100s of fighters individually to join them.....

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 04:35

You can not use this mod with the campaign active because your game will crash! Do not use this until plot is finished and it is preferable to use this mod with a free start. THere may be unforeseen issues with plot games. I could make it compatible with the plot but I would rather spend time with other stuff.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 04:39

BlackRain wrote:You can not use this mod with the campaign active because your game will crash! Do not use this until plot is finished and it is preferable to use this mod with a free start. THere may be unforeseen issues with plot games. I could make it compatible with the plot but I would rather spend time with other stuff.
thats fine, i havent added wwx yet, but i will, in the mean time i make do without during the campaign :P

what do tyou think of my mod list blackRain?

http://s287.photobucket.com/user/Nick03 ... sort=1&o=0

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 05:20

oh yeah i been having trouble finding mod that populate your ownstation with NPCs, i saw it before... no idea where it is now. i think it requires fresh game start if i remember.

unless it is intergrated tho. anyone help me on this?

epilp

Post by epilp » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 06:01

Quick question, if i wanted to add ships from other mods to the shipyard, which macros would i need to do this in? Also, do the macros for the ships from these other mods also need to be added to the .cat file for this? Your mod is great stuff man!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 10:48

Nick 031287 wrote:my game now has 50 mods :) seems to be working fine. gonna start properly tommorow ;) almost as many mods as i would add for skyrim lol :P
lol

Keep in mind that the more mods that are added, the more chance that one of them might not work after a game update. My understanding is that Egosoft are working on at least one more update for rebirth and there are no guarantees that a mod can or will be fixed if an update breaks it.

The "Populate Player Station" mod was taken down. Mods like that are listed under "Not tested/Not working/Not needed" on the page of mods linked above. Scrolling down that page gives an indication of how some mods have stopped working over time after game updates (although to be fair, some probably work and are not listed with v3.53 mods due to a no comparability report being made on the English language forum).

That's a big mod list. I'm glad you spotted "Station Announcements", "Show Skills" and "Show Me Your Faction Please" as they're fun and I'd forgotten them while compiling that list. I have used "TAF" a lot too although not since Egosoft seemed to speed up the rate of small talk offers.

I noticed you're doing free play and that you have installed "Slightly More Useful Plot Station". I doubt that will cause issues but keep in mind that free play doesn't currently offer the ability to start the plot later.

Have fun!

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 20:02

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:my game now has 50 mods :) seems to be working fine. gonna start properly tommorow ;) almost as many mods as i would add for skyrim lol :P
lol

Keep in mind that the more mods that are added, the more chance that one of them might not work after a game update. My understanding is that Egosoft are working on at least one more update for rebirth and there are no guarantees that a mod can or will be fixed if an update breaks it.

The "Populate Player Station" mod was taken down. Mods like that are listed under "Not tested/Not working/Not needed" on the page of mods linked above. Scrolling down that page gives an indication of how some mods have stopped working over time after game updates (although to be fair, some probably work and are not listed with v3.53 mods due to a no comparability report being made on the English language forum).

That's a big mod list. I'm glad you spotted "Station Announcements", "Show Skills" and "Show Me Your Faction Please" as they're fun and I'd forgotten them while compiling that list. I have used "TAF" a lot too although not since Egosoft seemed to speed up the rate of small talk offers.

I noticed you're doing free play and that you have installed "Slightly More Useful Plot Station". I doubt that will cause issues but keep in mind that free play doesn't currently offer the ability to start the plot later.

Have fun!
nah i am doing campaign reluctantly but i want the plot stuff :P

riddou

Post by riddou » Wed, 17. Jun 15, 19:50

Nice mod, but not enough far for my big empire.

I see gread, maybe to much (100 arawn in area protect, 150 arawn and 100 taranis for my 150 station)

And for my personal protection 45 XL ship

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... Flotte.jpg

Have you planned a hard mode for the future?

Because when i go in Maelstom, i don't found any resistance only xenon comp, broken station and ship after 2 minute !

PS Sorry for poor English

Edit: Removed img-tags from oversized image. Please see the forum rules for the allowed maximum size. X2-Illuminatus.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:52

Well your empire is not the typical one so I didn't intend for such large empires. If I add more ships, the game will probably not be able to handle it, but I could look into making it harder in the future (a hard version that is)

riddou

Post by riddou » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 18:52

Thanks to your reply.
Yes my empire it's not typical, but i like try found the limit in game (theoretically the space have no limits).

One think is sure, your mod is the bester way to make profit in Albion !
The war cause a lot of destroy in the npc station storage, a very good think when you sell all products !

I like see the small war between plutarsh and heart of albion.

My only regret with my big protection system it's : I can't make a small war against the npc faction.
If i begining all station and ship are attack and probably destroy (nowhere to hide)
And i need a lot of buyer (i have probably a teladi ancestor)

The worse it's my empire continue to grow :lol:

space4spcae

Post by space4spcae » Thu, 25. Jun 15, 16:19

please tell me, will this mod affect these mods: Two Stars New System, Eternal Freedom, Gaian Star new system...will do these systems work this mod

sorry google translate :( :oops:

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 25. Jun 15, 23:08

Space, I'm not sure. My mod removes certain spawns and such and they most likely won't travel to those systems but other than that not sure. Might be fine

space4spcae

Post by space4spcae » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 04:31

BlackRain, thank you!

"DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE CAMPAIGN UNTIL YOU FINISH THE CAMPAIGN COMPLETELY. "

this applies only to the main CAMPAIGN or teladi outpost, secret service missions too?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 26. Jun 15, 12:31

It applies only to the main campaign

space4spcae

Post by space4spcae » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 09:07

BlackRain,
as far as I know this mod includes Xenon Hunt, if I install Xenon Hunt 2,will there be any problems,which version XH will work?

and how to correct readtexts in a non-English version

Thank You :)

Unbekanntes Feindschiff
x4

Post by Unbekanntes Feindschiff » Sun, 28. Jun 15, 17:09

Hi there, not sure if that was already mentioned, but the mod has some issues in the Linux version. Some ships just standing around with TextIDNotFound as a ship name. Please check, that you only used lowercase characters as you likely accidentally used an uppercase char somewhere and broke the mod by doing that.

Also a question regarding mod gameplay itself: If I wnat to side with PMC, is it somehow possible to get Reivers reputation?
HGN

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”