[MOD] Yet Another Trader v2.03c (updated 11th March '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 02:04

Thanks for this, will update and then start shutting down my miners and traders and then restart them :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 03:18

quick question: - Now we can choose what our ships mine, what happens to existing cargo if for example I choose to have it mine something else than what is already in its cargo hold??
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

mohammadm55

Post by mohammadm55 » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 06:19

yorrick may ask whay is the reason you haven't put this on the workshop?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 07:22

Download : 
Nexus only initially, Workshop after more testing.
From page one :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 11:21

@NZ - Ah yes... You know I didn't test that. Have you had trouble selling current cargo? I'll try this too as you might have a very obvious point that I failed to consider.

@mohammadm55 - Soon(tm)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 06:15

YorrickVander wrote:@NZ - Ah yes... You know I didn't test that. Have you had trouble selling current cargo? I'll try this too as you might have a very obvious point that I failed to consider.
Hehehe dunno what happens, as soon as I thought of it maybe being a problem I just parked up all my mining ships in my home sector and gave them all shore leave on my shipyard until I had found out from here.. :lol:

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:00

Can't transfer more 20 mil to trader. Try to transfer 28 mil, but in trader money reset to 20, 8 mil dissapear. Cap set to 50 mil.

Stop working. Try to restart from different sectors, looking for trade about 3-4 hours and nothing happens.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:20

DaBooZ wrote:Can't transfer more 20 mil to trader. Try to transfer 28 mil, but in trader money reset to 20, 8 mil dissapear. Cap set to 50 mil.

Stop working. Try to restart from different sectors, looking for trade about 3-4 hours and nothing happens.
The 20 mill thing - good catch, there's a number I didn't upgrade and hadn't picked up on. Actually a depricated function that shouldn't even be used (cheers BurnIt!)

The stop working thing : what kind of ship (ie cargo type) what location(s) and what range setting if you could please.

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:43

YorrickVander wrote:
DaBooZ wrote:Can't transfer more 20 mil to trader. Try to transfer 28 mil, but in trader money reset to 20, 8 mil dissapear. Cap set to 50 mil.

The 20 mill thing - good catch, there's a number I didn't upgrade and hadn't picked up on. Actually a depricated function that shouldn't even be used (cheers BurnIt!)

The stop working thing : what kind of ship (ie cargo type) what location(s) and what range setting if you could please.
Ship - Rekhanas from campain. Working in galactic trader, start in albion -> inner world -> distreesreek. Full open inner world and lookout alpha (98/99 percent). After starting new game and have some cash start to trade with 150k, nice working till 13 mil and stopped. Now build scaldis to test.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:55

If you are playing plot I would suggest setting it to cluster range. The gates are closed in the plot initially so galaxy range will not work. Setting galaxy range may well confuse the ai. As it can use containers it shouldn't have an issue finding trade due to cargo type.

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 20:16

YorrickVander wrote:If you are playing plot I would suggest setting it to cluster range. The gates are closed in the plot initially so galaxy range will not work. Setting galaxy range may well confuse the ai. As it can use containers it shouldn't have an issue finding trade due to cargo type.
Thanx. Go trying. :)

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:21

Rakhas - looking to trade
Skaldis - calculating parameters

Not working :(

Maybe conflict with other mods?

Taf
Manual Command Extension
Copilot Convo
Universal Comm Menu
Last edited by DaBooZ on Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:41

If it has no fuel, it will do that. Inside 15 mins it will jump without fuel used (random timer 6-12 mins) and fill its tanks. It will need enough cash in the pilots account to pay for fuel of course.... (update happening now btw for the 20 mill bug fix).

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:45

v0.1.3 update on nexus

Fixed bug with credit cap set above 20,000,000 breaking at staying at 20,000,000 (thanks for report DaBooz)

Fixed incorrect handling of current cargo sale for autominers stopped and set to mine a specific ware with other ware (over 50% cargo space) in hold. Excess cargo below this limit can be cleared manually or by setting the ship to auto trade and it will be sold.

Restarting Traders and Miners is required for this update for the > 20 million credit limit fix to be applied.

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:46

YorrickVander wrote:If it has no fuel, it will do that. Inside 15 mins it will jump without fuel used (random timer 6-12 mins) and fill its tanks. It will need enough cash in the pilots account to pay for fuel of course.... (update happening now btw for the 20 mill bug fix).
Why Rakhas does not work.... :(

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 21:51

I would recommend restarting both traders anyway with new version. invite both back to squad, kick them again and restart the trade code. It will fix the 20mill limit and hopefully clear any issue.

I don't know of a particular reason to, but just in case, it might be worth removing euclids auto trader if you have it installed. The other mods you listed have all been used with YAT my end so should be fine.

DaBooZ

Post by DaBooZ » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 22:48

YorrickVander wrote:I would recommend restarting both traders anyway with new version. invite both back to squad, kick them again and restart the trade code. It will fix the 20mill limit and hopefully clear any issue.

I don't know of a particular reason to, but just in case, it might be worth removing euclids auto trader if you have it installed. The other mods you listed have all been used with YAT my end so should be fine.
Thank you for your work. Both traiders start to fly. But Skaldis before start think about 20 minutes. Rakhas start in 3-4 minutes.

Tomorrow let's look what happened.

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 02:19

Hey there,
first I must say while I do not use your mod (yet), I do like the idea of utilising the default trading methods with drones as opposed to euclids, which I have been using for some time now. I do however already have a feature request, which (hopefully) is not that difficult to implement:
Why not limit the range of the traders by the captains skill (navigation, for example)? I mean, having the default (close-to-zero-star) captain flying around the galaxy looking for trades just doesn't seem right :D maybe even that successful trades yield some experience for the captain, so that increasing range could be achieved like in euclids mod?

Now that this is done, I do think to have a better way of testing if a ship is a trader than your

Code: Select all

($gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.{ware.energycells}.max or $gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.{ware.ore}.max or $gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.{ware.bofu}.max or $gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.{ware.water}.max) 
:) I would propose to test for

Code: Select all

$gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.capacity != ($gPlayerShips.{$i}.cargo.{ware.fuelcells}.max * ware.fuelcells.volume)
as it is shorter and should be equivalent afaik. Other than that I just wanted to say thanks that modder like you have not given up on this game and still try to make it a better one![/code]

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 02:54

No :)

EDIT :

I should probably expand on that a bit for politeness :D I do have plans for the captains (and other npcs) skill levels but that will be in a different mod to YAT. I designed this with no intention of using skill levels as that has already been implemented by Euclid and JohnLukePicard in their trader mods. Both these guys made great traders that just work in a different way to mine.

Perhaps I should explain my attitude to my own mods at this point to save any misunderstandings : I make these mods for me. What I choose to mod, or at least try to mod reflects only my own perception of the games weaknesses and things that aren't exactly what I wanted in others mods. This is not a negative judgment of others work just me being fussy :) I have great respect for the other modders in the community. I release my mods under this basic premise; It's nice to be nice, and without others sharing too I couldn't have learned to mod at all. Suggestions are welcome but don't feel slighted if I flatly reject them. Bug reports of course are hugely appreciated as I have limited time for testing.

As for the change to the ship test, yes I could try that and it might well work just fine. For uniformity however in the code I see no reason to due to the need for checking multiple combinations of hold types and, crucially, setting custom ware baskets for those combinations. Your test does not take the latter point into account.

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 19:20

fair enough :) If you then ever implement this feature, I will gladly take it :D until then I still can try to mod it in there myself :) in fact, I have tried working on my own trader.mk3 until recently, but I think I'll stick with yours and try to modify it. I could then even publish it here if you would allow it?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”