Modders needed ASAP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sgt Hawker
x4

Modders needed ASAP

Post by Sgt Hawker » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:28

hey you awesome modders please for the love of God and this game start rolling out the fixes we know you can do.

I just want to use my keyboard and mouse. But do to this unknown auto-detect i keep getting told i use a JS in game which i don't.

I know someone out there has the answer.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:01

The problem is that in the initial post-release stage of videogames nowadays there is a large amount of work that developers still need to do in the form of patches. Which means that any mods to "fix" issues could be a huge waste of time.

Best thing to do for modders right now is to play around and figure out how modding X-R works and what limits it has while Egosoft fixes the most glaring issues in the coming months.

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:23

agreed but i put my faith in modders more then the other as they have done their "job" and I know from past experiences that modders have fixed issues Devs could not.

Oh well it is week one of release.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:17

Begging for modders won't make them magically appear, especially not on day 1

andreis
x3tc

Post by andreis » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:27

Here's a thought, start modding it yourself. If you are annoyed by something the game is doing, that is your motive to fix it.

Inb4 I'm not good at that => All modders are gamers who got annoyed and fixed something.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:48

Begging for modders won't make them magically appear, especially not on day 1

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 08:14

There isnt much we can do without public release of the tools - the cat/dat format has changed so untill we get the unpacker its just a waiting game. Someone made one i see but its giving me .net side by side errors

Matticus88
x4

Post by Matticus88 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:43

I wonder if people realize that some of the modders ARE the devs? X3:Xtended was made by some devs wasn't it?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 11:50

Matticus88 wrote:I wonder if people realize that some of the modders ARE the devs? X3:Xtended was made by some devs wasn't it?
Yes and no.

Many people get involved in the X stories a while ago.
Personaly, I am in since 2006.
Some started as external moders for Xtended or XFP or New Horizons and many others. Then, some joined the DevNet, some became moderators at Egosoft, some got a part time job at ES...
As a matter of life, some players are now deeply involved with ES, whether on their payroll or not.
Most of contributors are giving their time and efforts for free.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:38

Phlt wrote:
Matticus88 wrote:I wonder if people realize that some of the modders ARE the devs? X3:Xtended was made by some devs wasn't it?
As a matter of life, some players are now deeply involved with ES, whether on their payroll or not. Most of contributors are giving their time and efforts for free.
Of which I am a great example. I started playing the X series with X2, started using scripts and mods. I didn't actually become a modder until X3TC, where I saw huge potential for Terran content. It kinda snowballed from there into X3AP. My friends and family don't know what I do exactly, and they think its odd I would donate my time to a small PC game company.

But this is how I give back to the genre that gave me Freelancer, Wing Commander, Freespace ... and of course X.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:45

Freya Nocturne wrote:Begging for modders won't make them magically appear, especially not on day 1
Depends of how many cookies are offered.

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:29

I like several of the comments posted and some not, I am a huge supporter of modders I do not have the skill set to mod. I.E. to learn a new set of skills and the patience to figure out what is wrong or why something is not working and troubleshoot it. If I could I would, and would have made my own game by now as I am an old fart (older then grass, younger then dirt)

So, to all of you who take the time and mod and add options to great game(s) I thank you.

And remember the only person who gets hurt in flaming is the flamer.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 19:56

Sgt Hawker wrote: So, to all of you who take the time and mod and add options to great game(s) I thank you.
This kind of comment, with no request or question attached to it, is rare enough to be duly noted. :)

Thx for your support.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 20:38

to OP : Joystick and Mouse controllers conflict with each other atm,
i'm sure Egosoft is working on it but till then just unplug yr Joystick if you
need to use the mouse to dock or something.... and then plug back in.

note : that J5 / JS thing is referring to a Xbox 360 controller button... seems they primary focussed on Xbox 360 controller and totally neglected
the Joysticks and how they would react with mouse controllers.

qwizzie

edit : oh damn, totally misread yr topic... ignore this.

Seidr

Post by Seidr » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:54

Jack08 wrote:There isnt much we can do without public release of the tools - the cat/dat format has changed so untill we get the unpacker its just a waiting game. Someone made one i see but its giving me .net side by side errors
Numerous unpackers exist. One in Python (I made a post about this one, which I made), and a couple in .NET.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”