[Work In Progress] Functional Trader + stable supply/demand (0.22 final WIP)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cactus_Punch

Post by Cactus_Punch » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 18:11

Ah great, still very much looking forward to it :p, I'm currently in freeplay and have build almost every type of station in devries, but its still dead none of the npcs are building mining ships or any ship of any kind, I've even built my own and tried to sell them to kick start the economy and assigned cargo ships + miners to my stations but still nothing, have any idea how to get it all moving?

aukai501
x3ap

Post by aukai501 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 00:46

spartanheyho wrote:Very nice indeed. One question though: seems that, no matter what I try or do, no mods or yes mods (although I am careful to not install anything that conflicts with trade commands or scripts modified by your WIP fixes) constructions ships never receive trades without the fix on page 18. If I implement that fix, constructions ships get TOO many traders coming in at the expense of a game crash upon save. Is this normal or a known bug I guess for your work or vanilla?

Also, no debug errors as far as not being able to receive trades on my end with or without the fix although WITH the fix, I see debug text confirming that xyz trader has made a deal with my construction ship and is on its way.
I have issue with construction ship not receive trade from npc when i start build station, where and how can i fix it within wip?

Hope mod Jey been work on it come out soon:-)

thanks

Vovva
x4

Post by Vovva » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 05:09

Jey123456 wrote:without at least modifying trade.ship to use the playertrade ai and not the aitrade ai, sure your ship can run around moving wares around on auto mode. but the money will never happen. So i would have to disagree on it being possible on current scripts.

Offcourse, the changes required for it are actually pretty small, but still required.
So it's impossible to make automated trader for now until any instruments for modding hardcoded trade.ship appear. Do I understand you right? And do AI/NPC ships use money during trade now?

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 11:42

Its perfectly possible, I just dont believe its possible without writing a slightly modified version of the performtraderun.xml for it.

And no, ai do not use money (or they have infinite money, its impossible to really tell).

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 12:59

Hey Jey,

First thanks for your hard work.
I want to start a new fresh game again, and I want to use your trading mod with it, because even after patch v1.19 beta, it seems there are still a lot of problems with the trading and economy.

So is your mod compatible, with the campaign version of the game, or only for free mode?

Thanks.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 19:27

How is it modders can fix the game in a few weeks working alone yet Ego cant do the same thing with an entire company behind them?

Seriously, this is one broken company.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 21:24

Heya Jey,

i like your Scripts but one question.

I really don't like that cap-ships are boosting around like mad dogs... is there any possibility to deactivate the boost engines while they are trading?

Only thing i really need is the global reset after a ship got stuck.

[Mojito]
x3tc

Post by [Mojito] » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 21:50

looks good, but it's don't work with 1.19 save, i have a CTD when trying to load a save.
"Carpe Diem"

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:10

i plan on separating the boosting part in another mod. But if you want to get rid of it now (at the risk of ship becoming a tiny bit more stuck since those files also include a few extra timeouts that i added).

Delete move.nohighway.xml and move.park.xml

you can also delete move.unpark.xml but i would recommend keeping that one since it look pretty cool to see cap ship boost when undocking xD

The auto reset after 20mins of being stuck should still work fine even without those files. It just might need to kick in a bit more often.
Last edited by Jey123456 on Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:12

[Mojito] wrote:looks good, but it's don't work with 1.19 save, i have a CTD when trying to load a save.
As i mentioned multiple times. The WIP doesnt support loading a save from another version. The extension will have no problem with it. But the WIP is done in a way that was faster to get work done / test solution before going through the lenghty process of cleaning it up for a proper extension.

The WIP work fine in both campain and freeplay, but you need to start the game with it enabled, and if you disable it, your save will most likely not work on vanilla (the extension will include a method to revert the save back to vanilla to remove the extension, but not the WIP).

Macrixen
x4

Post by Macrixen » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:41

Greyhawk1 wrote:How is it modders can fix the game in a few weeks working alone yet Ego cant do the same thing with an entire company behind them?

Seriously, this is one broken company.
it's not broken.. but like other things that have tiers of command. they can't do anything with out approval of the powers that be. I would say it is ineffective and sorely unproductive but they are getting things done nonetheless

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 22:45

Its always easier to judge xD.

But yea, its not the same when there is a structure to follow for your work, avoid wasting the company money etc (like, if 2 modder work on the same thing, 1 end up wasting his time in the end, but its fine for modder since they arent paid ! :P).

Modders also dont have to bother about original idea, and if they feel annoyed by the players, they can just say, **** you and leave ! :P.

I am a programmer for a small game studio, and believe me when i say, gamers are incredibly hard to please xD.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 23:38

Jey, I'm going to try and explain what I'm seeing right now and hope its not too confusing.

ECs production levels seem to be adequate and large freighters are available, ladder stacked at the EC station. Bonus for buyers / sellers are there, but no ships are transporting them to stations that want to buy. I'm transporting ECs to specific stations I need wares from with my own ships to get what I need. Hope that makes sense.

Ahh, one more thing, do you know if the base speed of a transport ship can be adjusted from the save file ?

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:30

If you could provide me a copy of the save while you are located near those stacked freighters that should be moving the wares but arent, i can have a look in debug see what they are thinking.

As for your question as far as i know, the answer is no. The transport speed, is not part of the save, but part of the engine definition.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 04:57

ok, here it is, thanks !!!

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/aVz6cJT3eR/

sorry, had to change the file.

UPDATE :
I went ahead and grited my teeth and got 1.19 update.
The above is 1.18 save and loaded ok with 1.19 ( had to swap save folders again :? ) Anyway , the parked heavy freighters are pulling out.
Let me give it another 12 hour session before you do anything.
Apparently this was caused by something outside of .22

It 07:30AM here now, I'll post back after 07:30PM tonight and try to give the economy a full 12 hours to adjust.

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 16:17

Just a quick status update. I am now about 90% done on the conversion to an extension. Only 1 last major part to do then a few smaller ones.

Sorry for the long delay, but with only 1-2 hours per day, it does take some time xD. (much longer than writing direct fixes for sure).

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 18:20

Great work Jey. thks a lot. :D

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 18:53

Mid-day update :
don't think a lot will have to be done Jey.
Everything is slowly coming back on line.
When I arrived at the Hambugerstand in Gemstone this is what I saw.

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv26 ... fba434.jpg

In less that 10 mins. after my arrival, they all cleared out and went to work.

Also is there a way to add the extra boost to the Turtle XL freighter (Reviers before capture) in the same manner as you did the others ??

Jey123456
x4

Post by Jey123456 » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 19:02

In the wip 0.22, if it has an afterburner (which i believe all L/XL do) it will use it. I did not change any stats or any ships (unless you consider the cargo drone ships). All it does is tell them its ok to use the afterburner more.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 04:05

Well, it working reasonably well. Fusion Reactors still need a little helping along.

Jey, one thing I'm noticing about the construction vessel, when it starts to build, it only takes one or two wares on the list and ignores the others when small traders bring them. On occasion it will take something not being called for from a large freighter.

If there is a way to get it to except all wares on the build list at any time, it would speed up construction considerably.

It turns down lots of small traders constantly, who have the right wares, but are just not being called for at that instant.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”