[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 23:55

i miss the " informations " screens from Mict / moc. with the informations like Zone / threat strenght or the simple AHHHHH! - one of your assets vanished if a Xenon I scrubs your Fighters.

the AI scripts are well enough indeed :)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

beaver1981
x4

Post by beaver1981 » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 15:43

@BlackRain
I don't think people know how good our combat scripts are. They have all been updated and improved on by Marvin Martian. There really isn't anyone more capable.
I totally agree on that. Very nice work! :)

Gabeux
x4

Post by Gabeux » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 22:12

Tried without MICT. Combat gets really good indeed. Bigger fleet engagements feel much more proper for the scale of CWIR.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 23:48

What could cause undying ships?

I was trying to board a Lyranea. To reduce it's hull strength I decided to bring in 3 cap ships to help me out, but somehow the ship is stuck at 90% hull and won't go any lower. Sometimes I see it go up by about 20k, but it's right down to the magic number afterwars, as it's under fire from up to 300 guns...

After about 10 min without changes I decided to board anyway, but as my Skunk didn't have much in terms of boarding strength (this was my second boarding) I tried out the boarding ship feature, got me another 100 recruits and put them on one of the cap ships. Then I started boarding, my strength was at around 105, boarding resistance about 65, so should be easy right? Not really thought, I lost about 70 of my Marines before they finally managed to pull through. Is this normal to happen, loosing more than half the troops with more than 1.5 times the enemies strength?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 01:07

facastefff wrote:What could cause undying ships?

I was trying to board a Lyranea. To reduce it's hull strength I decided to bring in 3 cap ships to help me out, but somehow the ship is stuck at 90% hull and won't go any lower. Sometimes I see it go up by about 20k, but it's right down to the magic number afterwars, as it's under fire from up to 300 guns...

After about 10 min without changes I decided to board anyway, but as my Skunk didn't have much in terms of boarding strength (this was my second boarding) I tried out the boarding ship feature, got me another 100 recruits and put them on one of the cap ships. Then I started boarding, my strength was at around 105, boarding resistance about 65, so should be easy right? Not really thought, I lost about 70 of my Marines before they finally managed to pull through. Is this normal to happen, loosing more than half the troops with more than 1.5 times the enemies strength?

Nothing should cause undying ships, except for some ships which get protected as part of the X REBIRTH plot (not free start games).

Our mod includes a whole new boarding system for fleet boarding (completely edited/coded from vanilla). If you had 100 recruits then it is definitely possible to lose 70 of them. This is a much more realistic boarding system. Just because you are stronger in terms of firepower doesn't mean you wont take considerable losses, but you might also take less losses. Also, destroying surface elements and such on a ship affects the calculations, as well as completing whatever boarding missions are given. If you do not complete boarding missions, you will take more losses. You need to follow what is going on, it will tell you if your troops are having a hard time.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 07:45

BlackRain wrote:Nothing should cause undying ships, except for some ships which get protected as part of the X REBIRTH plot (not free start games).

Our mod includes a whole new boarding system for fleet boarding (completely edited/coded from vanilla). If you had 100 recruits then it is definitely possible to lose 70 of them. This is a much more realistic boarding system. Just because you are stronger in terms of firepower doesn't mean you wont take considerable losses, but you might also take less losses. Also, destroying surface elements and such on a ship affects the calculations, as well as completing whatever boarding missions are given. If you do not complete boarding missions, you will take more losses. You need to follow what is going on, it will tell you if your troops are having a hard time.
That is indeed strange, I was going with the Argon Rear Admiral start and the target ship should have been destroyable... I'll see if this happens again at some point. The ship also showed more strange behaviour in not moving at all even under fire (turrets were firing tho), even before I destroyed all engines.

Regarding boarding: Good to know that those losses are to be expected :)
Could it cause a problem that I had no boarding missions (I had no hacking drone, and I destroyed every surface element before even starting the operation)?
Are losses caused on an individual basis, e.g. should a recruit be more likely to die than a vet/elite? Cause in the op more than 80% of my vets died, but only about 50% of the recruits. The vets dying like flies makes it a lot harder to get a good crew.
Another one: When you board using only the Skunk, will the new boarding scripts also be used, or the old ones? Cause I think on the first boarding I didn't loose a single marine (was Skunk only).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 14:56

facastefff wrote:
BlackRain wrote:Nothing should cause undying ships, except for some ships which get protected as part of the X REBIRTH plot (not free start games).

That is indeed strange, I was going with the Argon Rear Admiral start and the target ship should have been destroyable... I'll see if this happens again at some point. The ship also showed more strange behaviour in not moving at all even under fire (turrets were firing tho), even before I destroyed all engines.

Regarding boarding: Good to know that those losses are to be expected :)
Could it cause a problem that I had no boarding missions (I had no hacking drone, and I destroyed every surface element before even starting the operation)?
Are losses caused on an individual basis, e.g. should a recruit be more likely to die than a vet/elite? Cause in the op more than 80% of my vets died, but only about 50% of the recruits. The vets dying like flies makes it a lot harder to get a good crew.
Another one: When you board using only the Skunk, will the new boarding scripts also be used, or the old ones? Cause I think on the first boarding I didn't loose a single marine (was Skunk only).

Fleet boarding and skunk boarding are two different systems.

If you destroyed all surface elements, the strength of the ship you were boarding should have been low, maybe it had a lot of drones on it or something. Hard to say, or maybe that ship was just bugged but I cant see how anything in CWIR could have caused that

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 21:33

facastefff wrote:What could cause undying ships?

What is your Argon rep? If it is 15 or better, I have an explanation for you:

- You have triggered the vanilla mission series (forget name, something Secret Service, started at Last Stand, Commerce Core), in which 2 Lyraneas are spawned near the Maelstrom gate, as part of the subplot. They are invulnerable until the last part of the plot.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 20:54

VincentTH wrote: What is your Argon rep? If it is 15 or better, I have an explanation for you:

- You have triggered the vanilla mission series (forget name, something Secret Service, started at Last Stand, Commerce Core), in which 2 Lyraneas are spawned near the Maelstrom gate, as part of the subplot. They are invulnerable until the last part of the plot.
With the Argon Rear Admiral you start at +30 Argon Rep. The Lyranea also was indeed near the gate to Maelstrom (only saw the one). So you could be right :D Guess I ****** up the mission tho as I simply boarded the undying ship... By now it has made me a pretty penny all over OL.

On another note, I've got a question regarding contracting the building of stations. Is it normal that when ordering your architect to contract a station, he sends out a CV without faction, which builds the whole station (incl. all modules) and afterwards turns over the station to the local ruler (local ruler in this case being the most dominant faction in the sector, the zone had no ruler at the time, it was empty space)? I thought it was to build a station for myself. Could this happen if the architect does not have enough money at the time?

As BlackRain wanted some info on how it's going for different players (saw some earlier post when I read the last 30 or so pages in this thread):
I started out with boarding 2 Lyraneas (which from then on were continuously used for manual trades). Sold of all 12 fighters the start gives you to get some starting cash. I then proceeded to buy an OL CV to build a station for RMPs via contract (which failed somehow, hence the question above), while waiting for the station to finish, I did some contract work and exploration, even flew through PMC space to get to HoL (damn, they had massive fleets all over...). Started up a new station for Fusion Reactors (even got a new architect and CV, I thought the old one might still work on building the contracted station) and told him to build it himself, even gave him some small freighters to use to get ressources, turns out he probably didn't need them, traders were throwing their produce at him. So this station turned out pretty nicely and even turns a profit by now (upgraded with radar).
At this point I thought it would be nice to get back to some boarding action. Looking for Reavers I turned to DeVries, just to find out that they have been completely wiped out by RoC (without any help on my part).
As this was kind of a turnoff I looked over into Maelstrom from OL. On the other side of the Gate I was greeted by a fleet of 6 or 7 HV capitals, HV had destroyed the Argon station that used to be there. They were also fighting a Xenon K and 2 Is. This was more than I bargained for, as I only have the Fulmekron and 2 Olmekrons from the start.
Back to DeVries... Over there I at least managed to get a K via doing 2 missions at once (was a bit hard, 2 Ks vs myself without any support until i batphoned the Ful which took about 10 minutes to get to me (was deep in OL)). When I started patching up my new K I noticed that one Zone in Devoid Clime (OL) had turned red. This got me jumping in my chair, as my stations both (somewhere in the middle I build a URV Mass Prod, still not producing anything thought (had no cash to start running it)) were in Devoid Clime as well. Turns out the HV fleet from earlier had finished their engagement with Xenons, jumped the gate and taken over the Zone from the Argon Government by boarding the Outpost (or they build one, not sure). So I thought, lets test this. Brought in my 4 Caps (1 Ful, 2 Olme, 1 K) and managed to kill 3 of the invaders before I jumped out as I didn't want to loose my Caps and they were starting to bleed hull (Ful got out with under 30%). 1 of HV Caps even followed me to my hideout, it was a massacre :)
Now I'm waiting for repairs before I'll try to finish off the remainder of their fleet and retake the zone for myself. Let's see how far I can get with that today (weekdays urgh). I guess it will be hard keeping the zone, once I capture it, with my rather tiny fleet. Maybe I should gift it back to the Argons, even thought they already lost it once...

So far I'm having a blast, even thought DeVries being totally empty of reds was a bit of a bummer inbetween :P

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 21:57

When contracting a station, you pay for the station once the station is fully built. If you don't have the funds at that time, someone else gets it.

You can have the Reivers make a comeback in your game if you conquer sanguine agony for them. You would have to fleet board the stations in SA for reivers

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Tue, 8. Nov 16, 23:09

BlackRain wrote:When contracting a station, you pay for the station once the station is fully built. If you don't have the funds at that time, someone else gets it.

You can have the Reivers make a comeback in your game if you conquer sanguine agony for them. You would have to fleet board the stations in SA for reivers
Allright, then it never could have worked for me, I as well as my architect each only had money for the base station (first module), but the contractor built the whole thing.

Interesting option for the Reivers, I'll postpone that for now thought, so much to do...

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 09:23

The money need to be at your player-account (not at any NPCs) and this at the moment the station is fully finished

raim792
x3

Post by raim792 » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 17:09

Hello,
I am not getting any warnings anymore. What could be the problem?
Log, entries are available.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 19:54

Hey Rain,
I'm not sure if I'm blind, but I checked the wiki and ingame and I don't see any option for player shipyard to dismantle ships for construction materials.

Would it be possible to have such feature in this mod?

Additionally would it be posible to add a custom gamestart with diffrent universe condition (e.g boost to one faction, reduce power of the another)?

Here is my ideas for custom game start:

Name: HoA Remnant
Background: With the suprise offensive PMC managed to get an upper hand in battle for Albion. Far Out sector has been overrun (all HoA station change ownership to PMC, HoA forces no longer spawn) and remaing HoA resitance in Albon will soon fall apart. As a commander of last HoA coherent force in Albion you have to break to DeVries, meet with remaining HoA forces there and try to rebuild to push PMC back.

Starting funds: 50 mil Cr

Starting forces:

Albion Group (placed in Lookout Alpha outside of existing zone, hiding from PMC patrols):
- Player Skunk
- Battlestar (no Drones)
- Balor (no Drones)
- Light Sul (fully loaded with drones)
- bunch of Eterscel fighters
- HoA CV (fully loaded with various construction materials)
- bunch of various size freighters with additional construction materials
- bunch of various size mining ships

DeVries group (Gushing Spring):
- Arawn (fully loaded with drones)
- 2 Balors (fully loaded with drones)
- 30 Eterscel fighters

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 23:30

Ship recycle mod by jth is what you are looking for. It was made for my shipyard mod

No time to work on new game starts and I would like to start working on new X R mod in the near future if I can.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 16:25

New mod? Any details, if it's not secret?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 11. Nov 16, 00:57

We talked about it somewhere in this thread but basically I want to erase everything and starting from scratch and creating a 100% real economy with real faction buying and selling. They have wallets and need to use them and must buy their ships, more factions, corporations that compete, etc

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Fri, 11. Nov 16, 07:11

BlackRain wrote:We talked about it somewhere in this thread but basically I want to erase everything and starting from scratch and creating a 100% real economy with real faction buying and selling. They have wallets and need to use them and must buy their ships, more factions, corporations that compete, etc
This would be extremely cool :) cant await this.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 14:11

@BlackRain, this new mod idea sounds unbelievably cool. Egosoft and the X community owe you and your team a debt of gratitude!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 22:01

Appreciate the sentiment. A lot of it will be experimental but I hve a good feeling that Marvin and I can do it. Some of the code for CWIR will be recycled and we will need new code as well. We have the initial work from Yorrick when he was trying to make factions have wallets and spend and such so we just need to build on that .

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”