[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JDD79

Post by JDD79 » Sun, 13. Nov 16, 20:07

BlackRain wrote:Appreciate the sentiment. A lot of it will be experimental but I hve a good feeling that Marvin and I can do it. Some of the code for CWIR will be recycled and we will need new code as well. We have the initial work from Yorrick when he was trying to make factions have wallets and spend and such so we just need to build on that .
Just amazing news! If you get that working as you imagine, Egosoft gonna hire you for the next X Game. A real simulated economy is the next step to be featured in the new X title!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 15:25

Don't get too excited haha. It is highly experimental and only in planning stages. There are many issues which need to be addressed so it will be a difficult road. May not even be possible but let us see

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 21:05

Hi All

Anyone notice that if u take a mission OR trade with SS your rep with em goes to -26,

This is in all game starts including freeplay, Bug maybe?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 23:54

Not sure, I never tested trading with SS or taking a mission for them but it shouldn't happen I would think. Aren't there missions for SS even in vanilla?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 04:59

I don't know about missions, but concerning trade runs, I've had the same problem in the past. Just out of curiosity, is SS following the same marauding patterns than those from UA and CAR?

I was at about +10 rep with them, and set one of my cargo ships to buy some wares from their warehouse. The ship got in close and docked just fine, but as soon as the trade was complete the station turned to -26 and started firing on it before my trader could even undock. Retaliation ensued, followed by the expected permanent reputation drop.

So if the SS are following the same "marauding" behaviour as the UA/CAR pirates, then maybe they simply turn hostile towards any trade ships with cargo on board in their vicinity. Empty cargo ships and combat ships would not trigger hostility. I guess I should have initiated a trade run with a cargo-able combat ship to verify this, but I didn't have time yet.

Anyway, it's just a possible idea as to what happens here. Feel free to confirm or destroy it.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 17:35

Hi,

Well i just tested without cwir and the rep goes up if u complete a mission.

However with cwir installed the ss rep in all starts is neutral and if you complete a mission the rep goes straight down to -26.

I also sent a lynakron to buy energy cells from their warehouse and when the trade ends the rep drops to -26 and the ship gets blown away.

Looks like a bug of some kind in the faction relations for some reason.

oridian

Post by oridian » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 23:06

So, i want to say your mod is awesome... But i'm having some issues with destroying outposts and stations.... The first station i attempted to erase was the teladi outpost... granted this was mostly due to the fact that my fleet goes absolutely retarded when it comes to destroying the ring portion of the station... i chalked that up as a one off... And then i stumbled on the diplomacy options.. (which are fantastic btw) and realized that i could be making credits in a far more interesting way by basically war profiteering.. i could capture easy zones and sell them off to my allies (the ones i dont want anyway)... So in OL there was a zone that the xenon had captured, i arrive to find no stations, out posts or capitals.. so i plop down a outpost, sold it off for a easy 200m and then went about my other goals... Later however i realize that the same system had been captured by the xenon once more, so i hyperspaced my capital fleet into the zone killed a few K's and then proceeded to destroy the outpost that they had built.... To find out that the outpost cant be destroyed... Literally everything in the zone is toast.. my fleet pounded on it for 40 minutes straight to no avail.. The stations hull will not go below 52%.

What gives? I love this mod.. but this is a serious issue, as not being able to destroy stations completely negates the whole point.. I may attempt this again with a new game and less mods... im not really using any mods that effect stations tho.. but who knows

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 23:36

There is no issue with destroying outposts. Try leaving the zone and see if your ships destroy it OOZ. There is most likely one spot of the station that wasn't destroyed (like some small part, maybe drone docking bay)

Try looking for it. You could also have something interfering with our combat scripts.

gadrael

Post by gadrael » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 23:55

Hi,
I think something is wrong with ship traders on shipyards built by "external contractor". I am owner of this shipyard, but I am still charged for my own small ships (if I remember well it should be only info, and my money should stay intact). Maybe it's because that ship trader is member of the neutral faction ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 00:48

gadrael wrote:Hi,
I think something is wrong with ship traders on shipyards built by "external contractor". I am owner of this shipyard, but I am still charged for my own small ships (if I remember well it should be only info, and my money should stay intact). Maybe it's because that ship trader is member of the neutral faction ?
Yep, you would need to save edit to delete the ship dealers

gadrael

Post by gadrael » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 01:00

Thanks for the response, I will check it tomorrow.
Btw, those new boarding scripts are amazing, much better then original one :)

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 19:15

Hi, I have a few quick questions on player-owned shipyards.

1) I built both an OL mass shipyard and an OL BTO cap shipyard, both are fully built (as in all all modules built) but neither stacks URVs. This makes ordering miners and CVs a pain since you have to manually restock drones on them all. Is this working as intended?
I did use player shipyards before cwir and I could swar my shipyards did buy URVs (though those were PMC shipyards)

2) Maybe I missed something, but HOL CVs cannot build shipyards, is this intended?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 21:11

HOL is not supported so it might be the case

As for shipyards, they should be buying URVs, so not sure why that isn't the case with yours?

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 22:07

I tried manually transferring some URVs and that worked fine, but the URVs are just stored, not added as a trade ware with limit, nor do any offers to buy more pop up.

One theory I have is a problem with UT-CAC, which I used to be able to queue the modules, but while the dialogue tree is different, the station built should be the same.

I also tried building a AL/HOA capital shipyard, which also seems to be misbehaving. I'm going to try and build yet another shipyard regularly and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, I might have to check the save file for the differences between the NPC ones and my shipyards.

And thank you for clearing up the HOL situation, at least I didn't mess up there.

gadrael

Post by gadrael » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 15:14

gadrael wrote:Thanks for the response, I will check it tomorrow.
Btw, those new boarding scripts are amazing, much better then original one :)
Deleting traders helped.

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 15:35

I have tried it and I can confirm, shipyards built without converting the CV to UT-CAC did work as intended. I guess it's just an incompatibility between the player shipyard part of CWIR and UT-CAC.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 17:33

that could be because i rewrote the building process from scratch in AIscripts (which is executed by NPCs actively) based on the original MD Script (which runs globally in the background) - if something was added to the building script by CWIR to make building Shipyards work then its not in my Script. but if you give me a few pointers what is necessary upon Build Step completion i would include it in my Script ;) i have a vague idea what might be missing and i think it might work retroactively upon completion of the next build step. As workaround if you like the queue you can use it to expand the Station almost to the desired State, then shedule a detach-order and when its done attach a regular CV and complete the build with that ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

otto_deluxe
x4

Post by otto_deluxe » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 10:13

All I noticed missing was storage for URVs and the matching trade offers. I'm not sure about surface elements like turrets and force field generators anymore, but I think those were fine. Building ships worked just fine as well.

Man, I'm really impressed by all your work. When it came out and even over a year sfter release I would have never thought to be able to enjoy X:R, but with what's already in place and still actively being worked at, this game turns into a gem.

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 11:55

Finally i started your mod.
I must admit i thought i was overpowered, but your mod wiped out my confidence in lesss than 30mn, when i saw those massives capships fleets.

3xI going slowly to devries and mashing every ships they can encounter? really ? that's gonna hit hard really soon imo.

There is just one thing i don't like : Your missiles changes.
Novadrones Torpedoes especially.
I feared those torps, a big slow nuke death shadow.
I was used to chase them all, one by one (from friendly Balor NPCs) when trying to capture a low heatlh capship on my own, waiting for my lazy marines.
I can't find a solution to this problem. They go so fast, missile boats are just insta DPS ship, and i really think those nukes should be a delayed damage system, they can kill even if the triggerer is dead.
Any way to change this for me ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 14:39

Wana wrote:Finally i started your mod.
I must admit i thought i was overpowered, but your mod wiped out my confidence in lesss than 30mn, when i saw those massives capships fleets.

3xI going slowly to devries and mashing every ships they can encounter? really ? that's gonna hit hard really soon imo.

There is just one thing i don't like : Your missiles changes.
Novadrones Torpedoes especially.
I feared those torps, a big slow nuke death shadow.
I was used to chase them all, one by one (from friendly Balor NPCs) when trying to capture a low heatlh capship on my own, waiting for my lazy marines.
I can't find a solution to this problem. They go so fast, missile boats are just insta DPS ship, and i really think those nukes should be a delayed damage system, they can kill even if the triggerer is dead.
Any way to change this for me ?
You can change it yourself by going into the CWIR folder

missile speed is assets > props > enginesystems > macros

the files that say missile in them

Range and damage are in

assets > fx >weaponfx > macros

again, files with missile

Also, three Xenon I's are not going to Devries, maybe 1 is, others may be moving to Albion or something. All ships have to move through the galaxy like you do so that is why. They need to use the gates, etc.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”