What Reprojection settings are people using on the Vive

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazza
x3tc

What Reprojection settings are people using on the Vive

Post by Bazza » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 11:05

I have "Async Reprojection" OFF and "Always on Reprojection" ON. I can't tell whats best really. I still get the odd stutter even with ss 1.0 especially in DeVries. This is with an i7 3770K@4.5 with 1080 ti.

What have other people tried and how were the results?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 13:12

Interleaved Reprojection off. It's essentially been obsoleted by Async. If you can't maintain 90FPS it will drop your framerate to 45FPS and interpolates frames.

Async Reprojection on. This should always be on. If your framerate dips below 90FPS, it will display at whatever framerate it can and interpolate frames.
So basically the same as interleaved, but not as jarring.

Always on reprojection can be good for seated experiences if you're getting poor performance, however it does increase your frametimes which can increase motion sickness. Personally I leave it off.

I had a 3770 (non K) with a 1070 and suffered from stutter. Upgrading my CPU to a 7700K significant improved my experience. CPU is very important for X Rebirth VR.

With a 7700K @ 4.6ghz and a 1080 Ti Xtreme I was playing at 2.0 SS and it was running great. However after the latest patch now I'm playing at 0.9SS because the menu breaks if the resolution is higher than 1600 pixels in either direction.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 14:18

Reprisal wrote:Interleaved Reprojection off. It's essentially been obsoleted by Async. If you can't maintain 90FPS it will drop your framerate to 45FPS and interpolates frames.

Async Reprojection on. This should always be on. If your framerate dips below 90FPS, it will display at whatever framerate it can and interpolate frames.
So basically the same as interleaved, but not as jarring.

Always on reprojection can be good for seated experiences if you're getting poor performance, however it does increase your frametimes which can increase motion sickness. Personally I leave it off.

I had a 3770 (non K) with a 1070 and suffered from stutter. Upgrading my CPU to a 7700K significant improved my experience. CPU is very important for X Rebirth VR.

With a 7700K @ 4.6ghz and a 1080 Ti Xtreme I was playing at 2.0 SS and it was running great. However after the latest patch now I'm playing at 0.9SS because the menu breaks if the resolution is higher than 1600 pixels in either direction.
How is your performance in DeVries? Places like "Darned hot air"?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Reprisal
x4

Post by Reprisal » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 01:05

I haven't spent any real time in DeVries, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”