Player shipyard, any way to see what's needed

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nosscar
x4

Player shipyard, any way to see what's needed

Post by Nosscar » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 17:04

I have built the player shipyard, and a few supporting factories nearby. When i order ships, they mostly have a yellow timer saying resources needed, is there a quick way to see what exactly they are needing to finish the build.

I know i can look at resources in the station and see whats low, but nothing specific to the ships being built, as it is now, i normally go to build same type of ship again, and see what is missing there, but is there a better way i am missing.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

Belgarath
x4

Re: Player shipyard, any way to see what's needed

Post by Belgarath » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 17:32

The player shipyard, wharf and equipment docks should show you the wares in storage when you open information. You'll need to click on the + next to storage to expand it. For NPC stations, scan the shipyard, especially the storage and then place a satellite near it. From then on, you should be able to open the information on the station and it will show you the wares in storage.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 19:07

Belgarath wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 17:32
The player shipyard, wharf and equipment docks should show you the wares in storage when you open information. You'll need to click on the + next to storage to expand it. For NPC stations, scan the shipyard, especially the storage and then place a satellite near it. From then on, you should be able to open the information on the station and it will show you the wares in storage.
thx for the info, but i already know that, what i am wanting is if there is a way to just see what the ships being built need, so as to prioritise that, seeing the storage levels doesn't rally show what i wanted, as it could also show wares are low for something not needed for those ships.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

R0land
x4

Post by R0land » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 19:24

I know when I'm building ships for myself it will tell you on the "order" page what you are missing. It shows up in the bottom right corner.

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:09

Nosscar wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 19:07
thx for the info, but i already know that, what i am wanting is if there is a way to just see what the ships being built need, so as to prioritise that, seeing the storage levels doesn't rally show what i wanted, as it could also show wares are low for something not needed for those ships.
I guess if you look at the logical overview of the shipyard, you can see the ship build queue there and it should show you what wares it's missing.
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:20

When you buy a ship there are these + signs left to each part of the ship, which tell you exact resource consumption.

When i was designing my SY support plex i summed up resources for a couple ships here.

sintri
x4

Post by sintri » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 02:01

Build a ship, missing components are in the bottom right.

Return to “X4: Foundations”