The fun of this game ends when we see IS battles happen

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TKz
x4

Re: The fun of this game ends when we see IS battles happen

Post by TKz » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:20

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 03:08

If I don't send L ships against capital ships, then I send them against what? Those L main guns are certainly not designed for killing small ships...
Stations.
Destroyer are the best stations killing machines in the game :mrgreen:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 22:05

IronSquid501 wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 08:12
L ships are a massive target for the Xenon's incredibly long ranged pulse cannons.
They're not that long range, just 5.2km. Far less than the 10km range of most destroyer's main guns. Split main guns have a somewhat shorter optimal range (6.7km), however that can be mitigated with Expediter mods to significantly extend range (end result is broadly comparable with the rest). Distract a Xenon capital with enough fighters (recommend around 8-12 for a K, at least double that for an I) before sending in the destroyers & they can blow it to bits, often without a single shot being fired back at them (at least that's the way I like to do it).

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 05:49

You can beat an I with 20 fighters and a Rattlesnake. Did it without a single loss in my game. Just apply a bit of strategy, your fighters are smart enough to use torpedos on the hardpoints, kill off all the turrets and send in the big guns.
Last edited by Rickardus1701 on Fri, 17. Apr 20, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:48

IronSquid501 wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 01:54
leoriq wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 06:48
IronSquid501 wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 03:51
You sent Destroyers and Frigates into combat with multiple heavy Destroyers and a Battleship. L/XL warships are a *direct counter* to M ships, and in a battle between two L-sized ships, the tougher ship with more weapons will always win. The only effective counter to capital ships are S-sized bombers. The problem here was your strategy, not the game.
I'm sorry, but you are describing something completely unrelated to OP primer. His AI fleet of Battleship, Destroyers and Frigates fought single Battleship. And he used 4 L\XL ships against that lone I, 5vs1 hardly is "a battle between two L-sized ships".
I described the flaw in OP's strategy pretty well, actually. They made the same mistake regardless of how many ships they sent. Just because you make a mistake on a bigger scale doesn't mean you no longer made that mistake.
No, you did not. According to your "description", OP's Battleship should have won.
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 07:36

Rickardus1701 wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 05:49
You can beat an I with 20 fighters and a Rattlesnake. Did it without a single loss in my game. Just apply a bit of strategy, your fighters are smart enough to use torpedos on the hardpoints, kill off all the turrets and send in the bug guns.
This.
This is what I do. You can win a K with a destroyer solo. I'm not talking about a K next to a station and already occupied. I'm talking about a 1vs1 fight.
When the K is at your main battery range, target the only 2 Xenon L turrets that can fire on you. Then it is dead.

You can apply this strategy with an I if you use a set of fighters to help, because I has much more L turrets that you need to destroy. (I don't remember how many)

I will add I'm happy that wave of fighters (and btw carriers) have an utility in this game. Because in other x games, carriers were useless.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 08:51

Strategy or not, it is very frustrating to see Behemoth killing themselves on stations and destroyer I by coming stupidly in range of their weapons when themselves have a range of 10km and could just bomb them safely.

Have witnessed multiple suicide like this.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 09:00

Cabrelbeuk wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 08:51
Strategy or not, it is very frustrating to see Behemoth killing themselves on stations and destroyer I by coming stupidly in range of their weapons when themselves have a range of 10km and could just bomb them safely.

Pilot piloting level ?
4 stars minimum on piloting AND moral on all my destroyers, never experiencing what you experience (anymore) ...

Toombstone
x4

Post by Toombstone » Fri, 17. Apr 20, 10:39

TKz wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 09:00
Cabrelbeuk wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 08:51

Pilot piloting level ?
4 stars minimum on piloting AND moral on all my destroyers, never experiencing what you experience (anymore) ...
This! Crew Skill is tied to everything in this game as far as my obvservations go. Too bad that leveling them is a pain.

IronSquid501
x4

Post by IronSquid501 » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 12:33

leoriq wrote:
Fri, 17. Apr 20, 06:48
IronSquid501 wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 01:54
leoriq wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 06:48

I'm sorry, but you are describing something completely unrelated to OP primer. His AI fleet of Battleship, Destroyers and Frigates fought single Battleship. And he used 4 L\XL ships against that lone I, 5vs1 hardly is "a battle between two L-sized ships".
I described the flaw in OP's strategy pretty well, actually. They made the same mistake regardless of how many ships they sent. Just because you make a mistake on a bigger scale doesn't mean you no longer made that mistake.
No, you did not. According to your "description", OP's Battleship should have won.
X: Rebirth's "battleships" are significantly weaker than I's to the point that it takes two of the best (Fulmekrons) just to go toe-to-toe with one. And if you just order all your ships to attack at once, the fastest ones are gonna get close to the I first and therefore get attacked first (M ships are faster than S ships) and the Destroyers are going to become important targets not long after they start to attack. However, with OP's fleet, it's possible to win with little-to-no losses. Micromanagement is important.
AKA Neil the Grass Titan

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 09:18

IronSquid501 wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 12:33
And if you just order all your ships to attack at once, the fastest ones are gonna get close to the I first and therefore get attacked first (M ships are faster than S ships) and the Destroyers are going to become important targets not long after they start to attack. However, with OP's fleet, it's possible to win with little-to-no losses. Micromanagement is important.
I'm glad that you see the point. The stupidity of capships' AI and it's blatant ignorance of squadron leader abilities and position is disturbing.

As OP said:
"when i see stupid stuff like this, i simply can't have fun."
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 09:39

Problem is that people had idea what would and expect from strategy but every game do not had same strategy, sometime one of game or other world lore, there is no chance mass fighter will take out of large ship even freighter, but on other game, other world of lore, small single fighter could taken out large ship, strategy is difference from game one to other game.
3 Destroyer could taken out battleship, but other lore it's couldn't, I guess.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

AshesOfHegemony
x4

Post by AshesOfHegemony » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:54

On a brighter note. I sent in 50 nemesis vanguard earlier with full plasma loadouts against two Ks an I and Xenon station all in close proximity......only lost 6 nemesis and I observed the fight in sector.....talk about a flogging. :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”