Extra interior spaces for ships and some ideas about repairing your ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

FlightJunkie
x4

Extra interior spaces for ships and some ideas about repairing your ship

Post by FlightJunkie » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:38

I feel like There needs to be more interior spaces for ships.

DISCLAIMER: I am fully aware that there might not be any practical use, but the purpose is to make ships feel more homey and lived in, if you catch my drift. M class ships and up are big enough to have living quarters, a cantina, and even an engineering section.

Not to worry. I came up with some practicality. But more of it, later

For now, get this: I think this is possible in some S class ships as well. The couriers have ample space for some extra interiors.

But this goes for fighters too. I think with minor redesigns, some fighters can have interior spaces where crew can sit in instead of going to the lift and vanishing to the void.

I have an example. The Teladi Falcon in this photo https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/ ... XjueFsRwiZ

The ship is all cockpit. So I thought the following. The Blue outlined segment becomes the cockpit by moving chair and dashboard there. The Yellow outlined segment extends over the red one up to the blue. Then you feel that space with seating, couple of beds, a crafting bench, a kitchen and whatnot. I even think that the Falcon can facilitate a second deck, with the airlock, cargo space, a bit of engineering and whatnot.

As for my idea on how these new spaces can be used practically, for starters your crew sits there when not working. Secondly you can have a crafting bench on your ship. Thirdly, repairs. And by that I mean an overhaul on the way you repair your ship. You get blown conduits, punctured pipes, damaged reactor, etc and you gotta go there to repair it. This is combined with repairing specific parts on the outside of the ship too, instead of sitting on the same spot blasting it with the repair laser.
this is not a xenon-> :xenon: its a Borg

Return to “X4: Foundations”