HI, Hello, I come from a non English speaking country,Using translation software to write this post,There must be some t

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ilson

HI, Hello, I come from a non English speaking country,Using translation software to write this post,There must be some t

Post by ilson » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 01:39

HI, Hello, I come from a non English speaking country,Using translation software to write this post,There must be some tone, grammar, or wording issues, I apologize in advance

I want to use the existing "Frigate" to transform it into "heavy Frigate" or "gunship"

Remove hangars and berths, install turrets

X really attracts me, but we don't have many fans here anymore, much less than before

What post do I need to learn to achieve these goals? I couldn't find the answer in the native language area

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: HI, Hello, I come from a non English speaking country,Using translation software to write this post,There must be so

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 10:37

Hello, do you mean how to do this in the normal game, or by you writing a modification that changes the ship model in the game?

If you mean in the game then the answer is no. You can find some M ships with gunship variants that have extra turrets though. (Check Sentinel, Vanguard and Raider variants.)

If you mean by writing a modification then those questions need to be asked in the Scripts and Modding forum. It does sound like a lot of detailed work requiring a lot of knowledge of modelling and modification, and it may also need the game to handle the changed ships differently by not trying to dock small ships and drones at them.

You need to keep forum thread titles shorter too. I'll move this to the X4 gameplay forum for now (from Spoilers).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Re: HI, Hello, I come from a non English speaking country,Using translation software to write this post,There must be so

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 11:23

in the base or vanilla game you can change the turrets, weapons, engines & shields of ships by docking them at a Warf or Shipyard but you can't transform the ship itself a frigate will always be a frigate. However you can buy or build different classes of ships and have them co-exist at the same time so you can say own a fleet of ships from capital class all the way down to fighters and drones.

Return to “X4: Foundations”