[7.0 Beta] Postponing Crisis.. does it come back?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nudasveritas
x4

[7.0 Beta] Postponing Crisis.. does it come back?

Post by nudasveritas » Sat, 11. May 24, 19:12

Hi! I paid to have the crisis delayed in my save game. What I'm wondering is, will it come back? Will I have an option to do the crisis now, or now that I paid that sum, is it over? I was hoping it would come back.

Falcrack
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta] Postponing Crisis.. does it come back?

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 11. May 24, 21:49

This is one big reason why I feel the crisis must be initiated by player action, and not simply delayed by taking action or paying credits or whatever. Because we may want to have the crisis take place, but not right now, and if we delay it by paying credits, who knows if or when it will come back?

Paying or taking action to delay the start of the crisis is not great in a game which many people may not be actively in front of the computer for a long time, letting the game play itself essentially while they are off doing other stuff. What if the crisis takes place while you are AFK? You would kind of be out of luck.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta] Postponing Crisis.. does it come back?

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 12. May 24, 11:00

nudasveritas wrote:
Sat, 11. May 24, 19:12
Hi! I paid to have the crisis delayed in my save game. What I'm wondering is, will it come back? Will I have an option to do the crisis now, or now that I paid that sum, is it over? I was hoping it would come back.
In 7.00 it is my understanding that the crisis will come back after paying, eventually. The payment is more a sort of protection money for people who do not feel like dealing with it at the time rather than to permanently solve the problem.
Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 11. May 24, 21:49
Because we may want to have the crisis take place, but not right now, and if we delay it by paying credits, who knows if or when it will come back?
Somewhere in the order of couple of hours to a day I think?
Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 11. May 24, 21:49
What if the crisis takes place while you are AFK? You would kind of be out of luck.
Possibly the default timeout response could be to pay? Assuming a good enough economy you can probably make the needed money, and so keep it supressed. Maybe even let the player toggle it.

If better automatic station rebuilding and ship replacement systems were added, it might be possible to ride through a crisis by automatically replacing losses.

Return to “X4: Foundations”