X-TRA POLLS Round #4 | Which is your favourite race of the playable races?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Which is your favourite race of the playable races?

Poll ended at Wed, 15. May 24, 13:27

Argon
13%
Boron
20%
Teladi
9%
Paranid
6%
Split
14%
Terran
32%
Pirate (factions from Tides of Avarice)
5%

Total votes: 238

temetvince
x4

Re: X-TRA POLLS Round #4 | Which is your favourite race of the playable races?

Post by temetvince » Sat, 11. May 24, 10:07

I believe implementing ranked voting in this poll would be more beneficial than adhering to a winner-takes-all approach. Additionally, I'm interested in gauging the ownership percentages of different DLCs among players, as this could impact their gaming experience. Perhaps I'm just a bit too demanding! :lol:

Here are my thoughts on all playable races:
  • Terran: Equipped with unique ship equipment and economy, possesses a deep understanding of the Xenon threat, somewhat isolated, lacks plasma turrets, boasts overpowered engines and capital ships. The go to race for insatiable silicon demand and armadas of miners to support a narrow breadth of station types.
  • Pirate: Operates within a closed loop system, excels in salvaging. The go to race for closed loop salvaging, obviously. Perhaps tainted in the polls by the difficulty in increasing reputation in game compared to other playable races. Players must borrow a Gas miner ship design from another race, if gas mining is needed.
  • Boron: Features unique ship equipment, economy relies more heavily on water, known for humorous dialogue and visually stunning ships (though paint job colors can be questionable), tends to be isolated with challenging station design structures. The go to race for anyone who is okay with setting up perhaps the hardest production line economy for ships. Ship weapons effects synergize well with other races in battle.
  • Teladi: Utilizes special production chains for population, boasts station modules with superior aesthetics compared to Argon, pre-v7 beta capital ships were relatively ineffective. The go to race for economists.
  • Argon: Numerous advantages including Argon Flak, Discoverer Vanguard for bailing, Pulse Ray for boarding, Ion weaponry, decent ships with reliable stats. The go to race for players who prefer human avatars but want a commonwealth economy.
  • Paranid: Boasts sleek and aesthetically pleasing ships, stunning bridge designs, but carrier fighter capacity is questionable; known for possessing Blast Mortars and long-range L plasma turrets. The go to race more often for players without DLC I feel, as DLC options tend to outplay them in some regards. Finishing the plot requires quite the investment, which could affect player preference in the polls.
  • Split: Their race-specific shield buff does not apply to L/XL shield mechanics, yet they offer a highly enjoyable gameplay experience. They have historically been heavily impacted by Xenon attacks in X4. The go to race for aggressive combatants or experienced players who want a challenge protecting their territory and bolstering their economy.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 12. May 24, 00:09

We can get technology from all factions regardless of into which our character does/did belong. Therefore, the technology does not really dictate, unless we roleplay a patriot.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sun, 12. May 24, 02:12

temetvince wrote:
Sat, 11. May 24, 10:07
I believe implementing ranked voting in this poll would be more beneficial than adhering to a winner-takes-all approach. Additionally, I'm interested in gauging the ownership percentages of different DLCs among players, as this could impact their gaming experience. Perhaps I'm just a bit too demanding! :lol:
I'm not saying that the poll(s) couldn't be more detailed, but we want to keep it simple. However, users are encouraged to comment their thoughts of the topic at hand, just like you did. :D

Pearl_Canopus
x4

Post by Pearl_Canopus » Mon, 13. May 24, 15:13

I voted for Argon, while I do not prefer any race over another. I like to see human-like crews on big ships, which I fly with. It's simple optical or any kind of perception thingy.

I prefer different ships from different races. I prefer different weapons from different races. But I never had any ambition or need to identify with any of the races or their lore ingame.This game is no RPG in my eyes.
If a predefined start provides me a race, I will play with it. Usually it has no influence, which ships and fitting I fly by myself.

Playwise - I'm a selfisch man with economic ambitions instead of militaric ones - I had to choose Teladi... :)

Surimi
x4

Post by Surimi » Wed, 15. May 24, 04:46

It's a toss up between Boron and Split, but I picked Split in the end.

Split actually have really interesting lore in that they're superficially the most humanoid looking aliens, but have far and away the most alien psychology and social system. Their ships are also a lot of fun and their general aesthetic has always been one of my favorites.

Boron are just cute.

Return to “X4: Foundations”