Thank you for remote ship turret control! (1.50 Beta 3)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Thank you for remote ship turret control! (1.50 Beta 3)

Post by Scoob » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:37

Hey all,

Ok, Just noticed that 1.50 beta 3 introduced this...I didn't notice it in the change notes. Basically, we can now go to a ship we're not piloting and remotely set the Turret Behaviour. Nice.

Just thought this was worth a share for anyone who didn't want to test the Beta builds - things are getting better! :)

It was only yesterday, or the day before, we were discussing this particular issue - having to be on a ship to tweak its turret behaviour. I guess it was already on the list to add.

Quite chuffed by this one!

Scoob.

CaptainX4

Re: Thank you for remote ship turret control! (1.50 Beta 3)

Post by CaptainX4 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:40

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:37
Hey all,

Ok, Just noticed that 1.50 beta 3 introduced this...I didn't notice it in the change notes. Basically, we can now go to a ship we're not piloting and remotely set the Turret Behaviour. Nice.

Just thought this was worth a share for anyone who didn't want to test the Beta builds - things are getting better! :)

It was only yesterday, or the day before, we were discussing this particular issue - having to be on a ship to tweak its turret behaviour. I guess it was already on the list to add.

Quite chuffed by this one!

Scoob.
can you easily change them on the one you are piloting?

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:55

There`s a 1.50 beta 3 now?

Fascinating.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:12

I've not actually sat on any of my Turret-equipped ships yet. However, all ships now have a "Turret Behaviour" option in their Information panel. In it, each turret, or group of turrets, is listed with the "Defend", "Attack my current enemy", "Mining", "Attack all Enemies", "Missile Defence" and "Hold Fire" options. Something like my Corvette (Peregrin Sentinel) has four Turrets that can be changed independently, my Odysseus has nine Groups of turrets listed. Plus there's an "All" setting to set everything to the same option.

This is a good step forwards and I hope they build on this. Things like "attack S-Class Only" and all the variations would allow us to tailor turrets to specific goals. This will be even better when the official damage output pass occurs, and turrets can finally hurt what they hit :)

Scoob.

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:18

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:12
This will be even better when the official damage output pass occurs, and turrets can finally hurt what they hit :)
I'd love to see it but where did you get the info about it being official?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:44

consiefe wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:18
Scoob wrote:
This will be even better when the official damage output pass occurs, and turrets can finally hurt what they hit :)
CEO admitted on livestream on twitch that they gimped turrets intentionally only they went too far with it and made them useless. Right now they're pee-shooters there is no ommph behind them at all unless you mod them with mods, not the in game kind but game modifications.

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:51

Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:44
consiefe wrote:
Scoob wrote:
CEO admitted on livestream on twitch that they gimped turrets intentionally only they went too far with it and made them useless. Right now they're pee-shooters there is no ommph behind them at all unless you mod them with mods, not the in game kind but game modifications.

Thank you! That is very good news for the likes of me who can't find any incentive to buy capitals which is the big part of the fun.

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:59

where do they publish the patchnotes?

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:16

Also L and XL ?

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 23:02

letwolf wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:59
where do they publish the patchnotes?
They seem to favor the steam forum for posting the beta patch notes.

marksnake
x3ap

Post by marksnake » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:13

SparvieroGed wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:16
Also L and XL ?
Patch notes 1.5.3
[Beta 2] Added turret behaviour settings to the Ship Interactions menu (including L/XL ship turret groups). :)

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:19

marksnake wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:13
SparvieroGed wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:16
Also L and XL ?
Patch notes 1.5.3
[Beta 2] Added turret behaviour settings to the Ship Interactions menu (including L/XL ship turret groups). :)
Thank you very much.

Empyrion
x4

Post by Empyrion » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:29

I was wondering why turrets were so poor when flying medium traders. They very rarely hit a small target.

Then, by accident / experiment I found that turrets set to target mode work really well when you fly FA off and go full reverski. Suddenly I was taking down targets in 30 seconds just by keeping the aiming reticule on the target as you flew "backwards". Might be worth a try.

Velocinox
x3tc

Post by Velocinox » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:21

Requiemfang wrote:
consiefe wrote:
Scoob wrote:
Do you have a link to this? The latest stream I see on twitch for Egosoft is from last year.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:25

Wish there would be somethong similar for carrier and drones.... Havong my cerberus lau ch 20 drone against a xenon N... is... waste of time.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:56

Velocinox wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:21
Requiemfang wrote:
consiefe wrote:

Do you have a link to this? The latest stream I see on twitch for Egosoft is from last year.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/347669019

around 40 mins in watching from there CEO admits they tuned the turret down waaaay too much so they are next to useless. Can't remember the exact time stamp but it's there.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 04:16

Empyrion wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:29
I was wondering why turrets were so poor when flying medium traders. They very rarely hit a small target.

Then, by accident / experiment I found that turrets set to target mode work really well when you fly FA off and go full reverski. Suddenly I was taking down targets in 30 seconds just by keeping the aiming reticule on the target as you flew "backwards". Might be worth a try.
I love discoveries like this. For me it's at least 1/2 the charm of X games that things happen that nobody ever foresaw and tactics can be eh... slightly unintuitive but effective.

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 05:02

I had seen that I able to change turret functions by hitting the Enter key on my L/XL Ships..however I had not noticed I could change the turret settings remotely via the Info Tab. Thanks for the find. I had assumed the AI would know what do with the Turrets on the fly anyways...I wonder if they have any scripted logic to change as needed depending on battle conditions? uh....probably not... :lol:

Invasion

Post by Invasion » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 06:00

Wish we could also remotely configure AI weapon selection
Because if you fit a ship with (not only) a launcher and missile/torpedos and send it to fight, where is no way to stop it from using up all the ammo
<Blunt Threadslayer>
Making you sweat today, so you won't have to bleed tomorrow

Velocinox
x3tc

Post by Velocinox » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 06:20

Requiemfang wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:56
Velocinox wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 02:21
Requiemfang wrote:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/347669019

around 40 mins in watching from there CEO admits they tuned the turret down waaaay too much so they are next to useless. Can't remember the exact time stamp but it's there.
Thanks

Return to “X4: Foundations”