When will we see factions moving back into reclaimed sectors

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

When will we see factions moving back into reclaimed sectors

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 22:02

In my current game I have removed a whole load of Xenon from the North Part of the map. The Xenon held many Split sectors because the Split are actually a bunch of useless donkeys.

Anyhow, I have built a number of stations to facilitate a repopulation of sectors. Lots of station building tech etc. However the Split and others are simply ignoring the empty sectors.

They are not expanding back into their previous held territories.

Are we ever likely to see this happen?

Otherwise there is going to be a lot of empty space in empty space!?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: When will we see factions moving back into reclaimed sectors

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 23:47

Split are reclaiming lost sectors & capturing new territory in my game, all by themselves.

THis is what the map looked like about a week ago (game time):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wselrocpuk4h ... 1.jpg?dl=0
This is what the Split have managed to reclaim since then:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xma5qtz8omhus ... 1.jpg?dl=0

First they conquered Eleventh Hour, previously under Argon control, then recaptured the other two sectors of what was previously called Zyarth's Dominion. Only defence stations so far in the latter sectors, however those conquests are relatively recent. Will be interesting to see if they build anything else.

My hypothesis is that once the Split plot was over they no longer had the burden of constantly supplying new ships for the Colonial Police in FRF territory (destroyed or stole a fair number of those ships myself in the first few weeks of my current game). Consequently, after Rhak took over, they finally had the resources to fight back against the Xenon & reclaim some of their lost sectors.

Currently trying to decide if I should put a stop to it (technically we're still enemies), or just watch to see what happens next.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 00:54

Think they won't conquer ownerless space?

In my game all factions build a lot of stations in newly acquired sectors, but i haven't ever seen them expand to no mans space.
Also sell them claytronix and hull parts if you want to boost station building. They will never produce as quickly as player can and have all the cash they need.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 01:22

pref wrote:
Wed, 17. Jun 20, 00:54
Think they won't conquer ownerless space?

In my game all factions build a lot of stations in newly acquired sectors, but i haven't ever seen them expand to no mans space.
Also sell them claytronix and hull parts if you want to boost station building. They will never produce as quickly as player can and have all the cash they need.
In my save Teladi eventually took back neutral Company Regard ~20 hours after I cleared it from Xenon. All that time it just remained neutral with no stations or anything going on. So the code is there, but I don’t know what the trigger is for expansion into neutral territory.

Also, HOP tried to steal a Faulty Logic sector from me, long after I cleared it and had my Admin station built, which was super strange. Here I am, managing my 5 stations, and suddenly HOP Defence Platform pops up and a doom armada (15 capitals at least) bursts through the gate. At +26 rep! Killed that station immediately, before it even started building. HOP lost interest and left.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 21:32

I am seeing Teladi expansion into sectors cleared of Xenon, just not any Split. I have not finished the Split plot, from what I have seen it will really upset my current relations with everyone.

Maybe this is it.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 21:49

I think only HOP and Teladi conquer unclaimed sectors. This limits all the other factions from recovering if you help them. Basically you need to leave 1 station behind so their War script runs to have them place a defense station.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 22:10

Well, I claimed Pious Mist 2while PAR and HOP were fighting over it. They haven't stopped their battle and HOP and PAR are still building Defence Stations in it. So it isn't a white sector but both still show an interest.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 09:09

In my game Split reclaimed Family Zhin, Family Kritt and tried to take Matrix #598 after I killed Xenon in the area (but I already had an admin module too, so I had to destroy their station to make it green).
Nobody tried to go to Tharka's Cascade area even if there was no more Xenon.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 15:40

What if the factions that lost rerritory already rebuild the station they need in other sectors?
Then, I think they have no need to rebuild them in re-conquered sectors.

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 18:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 15:40
What if the factions that lost rerritory already rebuild the station they need in other sectors?
Do stations have “jobs” analog? A hard limit on how many stations can be built?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 18:47

sh1pman wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 18:03
mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 15:40
Do stations have “jobs” analog? A hard limit on how many stations can be built?
I don't know about jobs, but there is for sure some kind of hard limit - I remember there was a bug in 1.XX where factions started to expotentionally build hundreds of stations in the same sector without any limits.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 19. Jun 20, 00:12

Well I have cleared all of the Northern sectors of Xenon. Some of these sectors have a lot of resources. I don't see stations being built or even faction ships exploiting some of them.

I will eventually claim a lot of them. I continue to wait to see if a faction will step forward to claim them. Exceptions being the Teladi or HOP.

I am having to build mega stations that supply all of the station building wares just to claim more sectors as the factions don't even trade very well with remote sectors.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 15:28

Do you sell them station build resources in quantity?
Or have you built them bigger complexes that produce lots of those ware?

Ime hull parts and claytronics are the bottleneck for AI territory expansion.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 19:11

At least for the ZYA, they seem to pack so many stations into the sectors they don't typically lose, that i think their AI doesn't look to build many stations later in reclaimed sectors.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 19:42

That is exactly my experience. I will shortly be the sole owner of most of the former Split territories. A bit sad really.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 20:07

As some of you may know I fight not, so my game territory is game driven.
I have not contested a single sector with combat, I creep in under the radar and include in my builds Admin blocks.
I have 8 green sectors now with not a shot fired, as the waring factions kill each other off. My Admin takes control when their station get destroyed by them.. he he.
The Teladi Hop & Par have cleared out the Xenon from all sectors, Par & Hop are at each other constantly, and soon to overwhelm argon.
Split run around like headless chicken !
It seems like Hop and Tel are slowly but surly advancing North, having taken the whole of the Southern map.
My Admin stations have not once come under attack.
The Hop are overwhelmingly powerful, roaming round with huge fleets. Smothering any thing in their way. Seems nothing is going to stop them.
If Hop take the North they may hit Teladi from the NorthEast …

Return to “X4: Foundations”