Reseting overgrown empire to "start again"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ryba
x4

Reseting overgrown empire to "start again"

Post by Ryba » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 21:27

Hi
Has anyone tried to reset empire without starting new game ? I want to prepare for new DLC but I have to much money. My empire has everything so there is no challange for me anymore. Over 10 000 000 000 credits, several shipyards, all blueprints in possesion, all ships available to build.

I want to somehow delete everything (sell maybe ?) and clear my account to start from scratch, but keep, preserve the storyline, map and new order in my galaxy that I created during almost 500+ hours of gameplay.

Anyone in same situation ? Any tips ?

Thanks guys

Raevyan
x4

Re: Reseting overgrown empire to "start again"

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 21:36

Edit your save game.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 01:39

Without going modified demolish your stations, sell all your ships, and order 100s of ships a couple times then destroy the wharves you ordered from so you don't strip that faction from all resources... probably quicker and much less ui clicky to start anew.
Check if you loose all cash on one of your station on destruction - that would make it much quicker.

Think you have to anger nearby factions to kill on sight state to get rid of your plots as well.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 07:39

I recalled all ships, sold most of them, and dumped all the useless pilots.
Then station by station demolished and rebuilt to a new better format.
I wanted to keep, my faction status, and the map. Along with blueprints.
As to get all blueprints is a tedious task.
My game is old, and very peaceful, Xenon have vanished.
And most factions are just sparing with each other, not really full on waring.
Got my game into a nice place, and enjoy it very much.
:)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:00

I wish there would be an option to sell your station to NPC factions.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 09:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:00
I wish there would be an option to sell your station to NPC factions.
I don't think that it can be. It would require reprogramming core elements, like the cap on faction stations.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 12:54

Hello,
the best way, in my opinion, is to install this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/421

With this mod you can "Reseting overgrown empire to start again".

With it you can delete and edit stations and ships, reveal maps and much more.
It saved my game. I wanted to get to know the game peacefully. Faster than I thought 4/5 of the map was run over by the Xenon.
I had tried for days to stop the Xenon in Argon Prime.I did not want to lose one of the few remaining shipyards.

There were always new waves of I's and K's. The factions (except HOP) were all at the end of their strength.

I had no chance.

To avoid having to start all over again, I deleted all Xenon stations that were built outside their core sectors. And to prevent a new expansion, I placed a defense fleet (cheated) at all their access gates.
Now the factions have to become strong again. Most of their original sectors have been destroyed.I am now helping the factions to restore their lost sectors and build their economy.
Which is completely down.
When the rebuilding is complete, I will remove the defense fleets at the Xenon Gates and the Xenon can become strong again and a balanced war against the Xenon and other factions can begin.
I am a cheating opponent, but sometimes it is necessary. Be it just to test or to fix bugs. I had ships that were stuck and could not be moved with anything. With this mod I simply deleted them.
I only cheat when it is absolutely necessary, but unfortunately the game sometimes left me no choice.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 13:03

It's a pity there's no Import function like in Kenshi. More mod-heavy games should have that, it's awesome.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”