Quick question about turrets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ConorC
x4

Quick question about turrets

Post by ConorC » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 21:05

So my capital fleet are a few minutes out from engaging their first K. Do I need to set the turret commands on these ships, for example, attack capitals for the big guns, and attack fighters for the small guns?

FYI I'm not flying the capital ships.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Quick question about turrets

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 21:57

"Attack Capitals" will ensure turrets only fire on hostile Capital Ships or Stations. The other turret commands are more specific (e.g. Defend will only fire back at ships that hit the ship).

So yep, "Attack Capitals" is great for Large Gun turrets. I would recomend "Attack All Enemies" for Medium Turrets. They probably won't be in range of hostile capitals very often but at least they will attack something if no fighters would otherwise be in range.

Lord Crc
x4

Re: Quick question about turrets

Post by Lord Crc » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 22:18

At least for me, the L Plasma turrets seem to prefer the K over small fighters like an M, so I just tend to go with "Attack all" across the board, since if a K is not around, the L Plasmas can usually score a hit or two on any P's nearby.

Return to “X4: Foundations”