Where the hell are Xenons ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ryba
x4

Post by Ryba » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:10

Hi Hi Hello my fellow pilots

Does anyone wknows where the hell are the Xenons in CoH DLC ? They should be in sectors Savage Spur but all I have there are their stations. Not a single ship. I've seen one "I" which has been destroyed right after reaching Getsu Fune gate.

[SPOLIER ALERT]

I completed mission with activating the special structure in Savage Spur I which should focus Xenons on terrans but after several hours of gameplay, Terrans attacked this sector and destroyed this structure. Not a single Xenon ship showed during that time. Oh... meantime Antigone's retake controll over Savage Spur II destroying all remanents of Xenon stations.

I had no possibility to encounter any of Xenons (except a few during a story line). Their economy is dead. Last few stations in Savage Spur I aren't building anything. NOT A SINGLE XENON SHIP is flying from the beginning of my game.

This DLC was my only hope for encounter with Xenons once again and training my big fleet as I destroyed all Xenons in the game before release of CoH DLC.

What is going on ? Any tips ? help ?

cranium1
x4

Re: Where the hell are Xenons ?

Post by cranium1 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:16

Weird. In my game the Terrans have tried 20-30 times to destroy said structure and got wiped out each time by Xenon stations plus I and K ships. Each time an Asgard (Spear of Odin) spawns and beelines to that station and dies. I tried helping it but it still dies.

That being said, the Xenon are still passive. They are not attacking, just defending.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:23

In my CoH game, the Xenon are flying out of and away from around Terran space to build stations (by S resource ships) and attack (by capitals and fighter groups) assets in and around Argon space.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:30

Ryba wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:10

I had no possibility to encounter any of Xenons (except a few during a story line). Their economy is dead. Last few stations in Savage Spur I aren't building anything. NOT A SINGLE XENON SHIP is flying from the beginning of my game.

This DLC was my only hope for encounter with Xenons once again and training my big fleet as I destroyed all Xenons in the game before release of CoH DLC.

this what my game looks like aswell, by the time Savage Spur became involved in the Yaki storyline, ANT had already moved into the southern bit, and ZYA was already moving into the northern part.

like you i used Xenon as a way to train pilots ( i had planned to preserve the last pocket of Xenon's in Emperor's Pride, but ZYA eventually kicked them out completly)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:51

Ryba wrote:
they suffer from recent resource nerf, i guess.
As this game simulates production and xenons also has it then the nerf should hit them also.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 15:23
In my CoH game, the Xenon are flying out of and away from around Terran space to build stations (by S resource ships) and attack (by capitals and fighter groups) assets in and around Argon space.
The Xenon ships are not numerous, but not extinct either. I've spotted a Xenon K twice in Argon Prime, apprently heading North. No idea how it sneaked up to that point.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

LoqLamp
x4

Post by LoqLamp » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:15

af_2017 wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:51
Ryba wrote:
As this game simulates production and xenons also has it then the nerf should hit them also.
Xenon starting sectors are some of the richest in the resources they use in the game. Except scale plate for some reason.

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:28

LoqLamp wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:15
af_2017 wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:51
Ryba wrote:
Xenon starting sectors are some of the richest in the resources they use in the game. Except scale plate for some reason.
that's good to know, thanks!
but still, seems that something else requires update to compensate the nerf for the xenons. That is eigher xenon miner's logic, or resource spawn rate.
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:36

Not seen one for ages, thank goodness.
:)

al_dude
x4

Post by al_dude » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:40

I really wish X4 had a start where Xenons are dominating the gate network, a kind of apocalyptic setting.

Would be fun trying to survive.

wave_rules
x4

Post by wave_rules » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:50

Still playing my 1st Game (1000+ h) since the release of X4.

Sometimes Xenon start some kind of Invasion using 1 I and perhaps 2-3 K.
But they are slowly getting extinct by TEL, PAR and ZYA.

I wish there was some kind of "activity setting" for Xenon to help them to defend themselves...
Why should someone who sees follow the blind ones? (Project Pitchfork - Io)

Ryba
x4

Post by Ryba » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 13:06

wave_rules wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:50
Still playing my 1st Game (1000+ h) since the release of X4.

Sometimes Xenon start some kind of Invasion using 1 I and perhaps 2-3 K.
But they are slowly getting extinct by TEL, PAR and ZYA.

I wish there was some kind of "activity setting" for Xenon to help them to defend themselves...
I really thought that the special XENON structure in new Xenon sector would act that way (this beacon-like thing). That it would trigger massive counteroffensive against Terrans and nearby factions. That was my main motivation during last 400 hours of this game. But no... nothing happened.

karlyoung666

Post by karlyoung666 » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 21:59

Ryba wrote:
Hi Hi Hello my fellow pilots

Does anyone wknows where the hell are the Xenons in CoH DLC ? They should be in sectors Savage Spur but all I have there are their stations. Not a single ship. I've seen one "I" which has been destroyed right after reaching Getsu Fune gate.

[SPOLIER ALERT]

I completed mission with activating the special structure in Savage Spur I which should focus Xenons on terrans but after several hours of gameplay, Terrans attacked this sector and destroyed this structure. Not a single Xenon ship showed during that time. Oh... meantime Antigone's retake controll over Savage Spur II destroying all remanents of Xenon stations.

I'm having almost the exact same issue on a new game start.

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:21

Both my Terrans and their Xenon are happy to sit around with a quite small fleet watching the stars on a cozy evening.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 19:48

They're in Argon Prime, that's where! :lol: Yeah, I know every game can be different. I started a new Argon playthrough, and flew directly from Black Hole Sun through 2 jumps and into Argon Prime. Did some quick crystal mining and not long after had a row of satellites strung out between both gates. A few S class Xenon popped in followed by a K which got halfway through the sector before finally being destroyed after having wrecked several Argon noncombat ships trying to enter and exit the highway. Soon after, another K shows up and gets blown up finally ... then another .... and another. This was over the course of a few hours I'm guessing. I was busy sitting in a station and remotely giving orders to a small trader and a cheap scout ship at the time. The Argon lost many fighters that day, was actually surprised to not see any Behemoths or at least one Colossus. You'd think a faction's home sector would be protected better. Anyway, it was enough to convince me that setting up operations in Argon Prime wouldn't happen anytime soon. I honestly liked it, was the first time in X4 were I felt like there was some danger in the start of the game.

Return to “X4: Foundations”