A Toast to X4: Kingdom End! (And EGOSOFT)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

A Toast to X4: Kingdom End! (And EGOSOFT)

Post by Tranxalive » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 15:55

Here’s to hoping that Kingdom End will have an awesome and successful launch! I hope that this DLC will help EGOSOFT secure the profits required for their future projects and ideas. :D

Thank you to all those who work at EGOSOFT, and thank you for continuing your dream of X, even when there were significant setbacks. Thank you for sticking around your bad, and buggy launches and fixing them so players can enjoy the game without fear of random crashes or inconveniences. Thank you for being an awesome company and not being (overly) money-hungry and actually putting player enjoyment first. :)

Thank you to all the Level 5 members of the DevNet, (including myself) for testing the game and catching some particularly nasty bugs, as well as helping iron out some of the features, making sure they’re perfectly balanced. And, of course, thank you to the employees of EGOSOFT who were always there to answer the questions of the DevNet members. :)

Here’s to Owen Lake/Xenon Slayer (Voice of Boso Ta. :wink:) finally being able to go home, and to the Boron being back! :D
(Also, I wouldn’t recommend drinking alcohol at this time for this toast, you’ll want to be sober for Kingdom End. :P )

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: A Toast to X4: Kingdom End! (And EGOSOFT)

Post by StoneLegionYT » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 16:12

Thanks Egosoft. Been playing your games nearly 2 decades! here is to another 2 decades!

Kemelvor
x4

Post by Kemelvor » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 16:42

I'm going to drink a good one, then crash myself on the Boron shipyard once the DLC is released.
The X series is precious to me and it's an absolute delight so see it thrive and prosper.

Rompetroll

Post by Rompetroll » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:03

Bought, Downloading and raising my horn high in salute. SKÅL
tux4ever

Tonsilgon
x4

Post by Tonsilgon » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:03

Cheers!

Downloading... 8 Minutes left.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:12

Here's to the Borons! You're pretty late to the party! :cocktail:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:21

Yay! Just today I got the "Xenon got nothing on me" and "Because I can" (all terraforming quests) and now I can start a new Boron game right away!

With 2400 hrs in X3 and "only" 1200 hrs in X4 I hope you keep adding new content, Ego! Thanks!

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:32

Tranxalive wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 15:55
~~ EGOSOFT secure the profitssss required for their future projects and ideas. :D ~~
FTFY :D

TY to Egosoft.
And now I need to get off this forum so I dont see any hints/spoilers for a few days at least :D
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:00

Woo-hoo we're here :boron:

All up and running, the only thing I had to do was drop MSAA to 2X in order to maintain decent framerates in 4k ultra I can live with that :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:01

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:32
Tranxalive wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 15:55
~~ EGOSOFT secure the profitssss required for their future projects and ideas. :D ~~
FTFY :D

TY to Egosoft.
And now I need to get off this forum so I dont see any hints/spoilers for a few days at least :D
Indeed :D See you in space & have fun! :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

theoxman
x4

Post by theoxman » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:29

I wish the game was more "mainstream", with regards to it being more well-known in gaming circles. This is one of the few games out there where you can find just about anything to do in the game and actually make it your own experience. I really feel like with more exposure that the X4 (and future X games) universe could be more properly funded to smooth out rougher edges and bring about the true vision that the developers and designers foresee. I've told many of my friends about this series and converted a few, lol. We all should do the same to get more exposure to this treasure :-)

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:56

Did the new engine improve performance for anyone else?

Walking around stations right now is buttery smooth and look very different.

Also the new commands are much appreciated especially the target turret and hard points commands which i was actually going to request not long ago.

veronique
x3tc

Post by veronique » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 22:45

A big thank you to Bernd and the X4 dev team. I look forward to X5 ;)

NiAypa
x4

Post by NiAypa » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 22:49

:boron: :boron: :x4: :boron: :boron:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 00:38

taztaz502 wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:56
I can't tell tbh not objectively as I upgraded my GPU between Tides of Avarice and Kingdoms End, I don't have performance issues anymore now which is good where as even an RTX 3080 was causing issues during Split Vendetta era...

taztaz502
x4

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 01:50

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 00:38
taztaz502 wrote:
I can't tell tbh not objectively as I upgraded my GPU between Tides of Avarice and Kingdoms End, I don't have performance issues anymore now which is good where as even an RTX 3080 was causing issues during Split Vendetta era...
I've got a 1080ti and it started to struggle recently in X4 in everything else it's still a trooper, so i though maybe it was my CPU but since the update it's like i say like butter and i think everything seems to pop a bit more.

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 08:15

taztaz502 wrote:
Haven't noticed an improvement when walking on the stations, but noticed less frames per second on space. And my GPU now is a RX 7900 XTX, it seems to me that Egosoft is trying to shrink its already small niche to only people with very expensive PCs.
...but on the other hand I've been playing it on the Steam Deck too, the Linux Native version instead of the proton version, and although it has a few frame drops occasionally, it plays fine for the most part, around 25-40 fps.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Return to “X4: Foundations”