Dock at XL Maintenance Bay for Taxi Mission? - Improved in 7.0 betas.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

Dock at XL Maintenance Bay for Taxi Mission? - Improved in 7.0 betas.

Post by JJRSC » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 02:27

Hello all. So I took a taxi mission from a signal leak at the MIN Eq Dock (trying to increase my MIN rep) and the guidance tells me to dock at the XL Maintenance Bay at the Eq Dock. :gruebel: So I find I can't dock there in my Takoba, so I call in my Tokyo to dock there for upgrades (so it uses the Maintenance Bay instead of the pier). So I beam aboard the Tokyo while the captain docks the Tokyo at the Maintenance Bay. But after we dock, still seeing the msg in the lower left hand corner of the screen "Dock at XL Maintenance Bay". And no further guidance, nothing. I go aboard the station (the briefing says "meet me in the docking bay") but no guidance lines on the floor, nothing. The NPC who hired me is not in the docking bay, manager's office, etc., nowhere to be found. No idea what to do at this point. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

BTW, tried docking the Tokyo manually, but then I end up having to dock at the pier instead of the Maintenance Bay, and that doesn't work to progress the mission either.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Dock at XL Maintenance Bay for Taxi Mission?

Post by Nanook » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 07:50

Are you using any mods? I ask because the way those missions work is they tell you to dock at a station, not a specific docking bay. Then you walk over to the NPC who wants a ride, tell them to get aboard your ship and you depart. L and XL maintenance bays don't have any foot traffic (you can't walk there) so something isn't right. If you don't have mods installed, I suggest you verify your game with Steam to make sure there's no corruption in your game files.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Post by Dj_FRedy » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 08:28

The only thing you can do, in my experience, is to abort the mission, as it has been generated with errors. You just reminded me that I had a report for this bug and forgot to post it.
Bug Report: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=457392#p5202682
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Tue, 19. Sep 23, 15:13

Thanks for the replies. Nope, no mods, strictly vanilla. Did verify the steam files, thanks for the suggestion, all good there. I guess I'll just let the mission be and hang around waiting for rogue civilian craft to shoot at.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 10. May 24, 13:48

Filtering of the docks was improved recently, this should be fixed (either already in the current beta, or in an upcoming beta)

Return to “X4: Foundations”