Existential crisis: What happened to Boso's voice?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wargear

Existential crisis: What happened to Boso's voice?

Post by Wargear » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 01:47

Got a good laugh when Bozo called me to tell me about the Xenon invasion his voice was totally different and sounded almost human! Upon talking to him at HQ his voice returned to the old squeaky Bozo we all know. What's up with that devs? Also, what exactly did giving Bozo the 500,000,000 get me? Nothing from what I see so far! Just curious that's all otherwise a spectacular update overall the devs are to be commended on all counts! Can't wait for the Timelines DLC!
WGI Industries [modified]

A5PECT
x4

Re: Existential crisis: What happened to Boso's voice?

Post by A5PECT » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 03:17

It's placeholder audio.

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=460709
Known Issues:
  • Voices being played are still WiP
You should read more.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Axeface
x4

Re: Existential crisis: What happened to Boso's voice?

Post by Axeface » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 17:48

AI generated placeholders which Im very happy to see them using. I assume this is both placeholder but also a tester for future use of th tech? As you can hear its getting very good and rivals if not surpasses the weaker voice acting in the game (not boso specifically ide like the say, but other characters that arnt as well acted). Theres only a few issues with some of the lines that can be fixed.
I do have a doubt that it might not be ai, which in itself is very impressive if it is.

Return to “X4: Foundations”