[Request]I think the unkillable ship bug that appears sometimes should be...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Socratatus
x4

[Request]I think the unkillable ship bug that appears sometimes should be...

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 01:48

A feature.

I'm serious, this bug has gone on for years. devs seem incapable of fixing it.

So I propose some lore should be written, popped into the game, and maybe even somehow spoken in hushed tones in bars, every now and then tp explain away this ever-lasting bug.

"100 years ago, A girl was kidnapped by aliens in the middle of the night, taken from her bed by a beam of red light. The parent saw this and vowed to rescue her back. But the parent could get no help from anyone, not the authorities or friends. So sold all and brought a small custom spaceship. This explorer called the Brazen, set off into the furthest reaches of unknown space alone, further than any explorer ever, in search of a daughter stolen by strange aliens. They said it was too dangerous, foolish and fraught with danger.

He was never heard of again, tragically lost in the vast deepness of space...

But the lost parent never forgot about the kidnapped little girl and still searches for her even now, from the Beyond, wandering from Starbase to Starbase. Many spacefarers speak of seeing the little ship flitting about Stations as though searching for something. Even the Police Authorities, in secret admissions speak of it ignoring their hails and even taking no damage when fired upon.

That is when you may encounter the ghost ship and its occupant, the Brazen, still searching for her. It may even responding if you try hailing it, never wishing to talk to you for you are not what it seeks!

Of course this has been dismissed as fairy tales, hoaxes, high tech illusions and even mass hysteria. but whatever it is, it is certainly a mystery of the Lost explorer searching forever for his Lost daughter."
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Request]I think the unkillable ship bug that appears sometimes should be...

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 13:27

Was her name perhaps Susie ?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Socratatus
x4

Re: [Request]I think the unkillable ship bug that appears sometimes should be...

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 13:53

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 24, 13:27
Was her name perhaps Susie ?
This is where I am ashamed to say I have no idea who Susie is. :( My lore knowledge isn't that great.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 17:42

Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”