[Request] Allow saved ship builds to ignore mixed-faction components

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request] Allow saved ship builds to ignore mixed-faction components

Post by user1679 » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 21:44

Request:

Allow the ship builder screen to ignore components from other factions if they are already on the ship when swapping out certain parts.

Simple Example:

I work to get my reputation with ARG to +10 so I have access to certain ships that require license. I buy a ship but want TEL shields so I fly it over to the TEL Wharf or Shipyard, make the shield replacement and save the build as "ARG shipname TEL shields" because I plan on making a whole fleet. The next ship (same model) I try this on is unable to use the saved build because of components that are "missing or unavailable". This happens because for some reason the build doesn't recognize I'm not trying to install ARG modules at a TEL facility but rather just swap modules out.

For a simple thing like this it's not so bad but when you start getting into larger ships with mixed parts (eg: several turrets, engines and shields) from various factions, it would be more streamlined if saving a build would recognize that you're only changing certain parts and ignore the other faction's components.

Zloth2
x4

Re: [Request] Allow saved ship builds to ignore mixed-faction components

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 04:36

It seems like that would make it really easy for a person who's saved a build with mixed parts to build a ship and fly off without shields or some other important part. It could be quite confusing if the build is one of those 'assemble a fleet' builds that pops up and the player is using their own station. At the least, the system would need to issue warnings about some parts not being available.

But couldn't you just save a build that doesn't have the shields? You could put a warning for yourself right in the name of the build. It seems like that build would do just as much for you as one where the game simply ignores the shields because they don't match - at least until you get to the point where you can build ships in your own stations.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

user1679

Re: [Request] Allow saved ship builds to ignore mixed-faction components

Post by user1679 » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 08:00

Zloth2 wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 24, 04:36
It seems like that would make it really easy for a person who's saved a build with mixed parts to build a ship and fly off without shields or some other important part. It could be quite confusing if the build is one of those 'assemble a fleet' builds that pops up and the player is using their own station. At the least, the system would need to issue warnings about some parts not being available.

But couldn't you just save a build that doesn't have the shields? You could put a warning for yourself right in the name of the build. It seems like that build would do just as much for you as one where the game simply ignores the shields because they don't match - at least until you get to the point where you can build ships in your own stations.
I think you misunderstand what I wrote.

What I'm asking for is a smarter build system. If I save a build called "arg_engines_tel-m-turrets_par-l-turrets", I should be able to take that ship to the ARG shipyard, select the saved build plan and have the engines changed out. The ARG shipyard doesn't need to concern itself with the other modules in the plan because they're not ARG modules.

Return to “X4: Foundations”