Lost failed boarding ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redstamp

Lost failed boarding ship

Post by redstamp » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 08:13

Apologies if has been asked before, did search forum and internet.

I am trying to build up my fleet of L miners and found a veritable hoard of miners collected near edge of sector with no protection in Two Grand, so running about 20 concurrent boarding missions with a Cobra, hopping from one to the next and replenishing marines instantly via a Shuyaku parked in Two Grand and another parked at a Shipyard... and killing any deployed distress beacons.

All working fine, except maybe being a little over-optimistic on number of boarding marines sometimes, or a pod or two gets killed before landing, so some missions fail.

Only way I can seem to find the failed boarding ships is to look locally for any without the yellow exclamation mark (as I have pretty much boarded them all ;-), but I have clearly scanned as crew and stats are known. If they move out of sector I lose them and cannot re-find through logs - doesn't even seem to be a log entry, let alone one with a location marker. IRL it would seem logical that the last marine alive on board the ship sends an emergency comms letting his fleet know where he is, so it's not beyond logical game function...

Anyone know a way to find a failed boarding ship easily (and without setting a scout to follow)?

Thanks,
Jon

Return to “X4: Foundations”