Station planner improvement requests

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Caedes91
x4

Station planner improvement requests

Post by Caedes91 » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 20:12

Most of my time in later game phase is being in map mode and station designer. Can you add the option to display unbuilt modules in their normal textures or at least completely remove transparency? Like when you look at in when they are already built. Especially on bigger stations, the usual colored and transparent modules are frustrating to deal with. Even worse when you try to add modules to existing modules. You can't see anything at all!

Can you also increase or even remove the station plot size limit altogether? I don't see a point in such a limit. Or is it an engine limitation?

A good way to reduce module count and therefore performance tanking in my opionion, is to add more connection modules variety. Currently we have "1x1", "2x1" and "4x1" base connection modules. Is it possible to add more different length (3x1 or 5x1 and other sizes) connection and cross-modules now or in the future? Often I have to bridge a gap of "3x" and therefore have to use a "1x1" + "2x1" connection. If you added these for all the factions, you might reduce module count a fair amount. Also please add 1x1 cross modules for Terrans please.

Lastly please also adjust "snapping distance" and spawn point of sections, when you copy existing single modules or groups. Whenever I want to copy a section it spawns wayyyyy outside the station plot, basically unusable.

Return to “X4: Foundations”