Terraforming - Planet Texture / Colour not changing - resolved

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Terraforming - Planet Texture / Colour not changing - resolved

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 21:48

I am sure this was mentioned somewhere when Terraforming was introduced, so correct me if I am wrong but aren't the planets supposed to change colour/texture?

I did Scale Plate Green first to get the SCA benefits, and did quite a bit of the not really necessary projects, also did plenty of water / food resources / forestation / arcology and getting the planet "comfortable" (atmospherically).

Also I have just done the same for Memory of Profit IX, and once again at the stage where I can run competitions for pilots / marines.

In both cases visually the planets did not change. Was there a change of thought on whether this would actually happen in game, or is this not intended and its another bug?
Or maybe .. You have to go above and beyond comfortable with something that doesn't raise temperature/methane/oxygen too much :gruebel:
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Terraforming - Planet Texture / Colour not changing

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:40

Can't comment on Scale Plate Green, it's been quite a long time since I last did that one.
However, have done Memory of Profit in my current game & can confirm it most definitely changed.

With no alterations to surface or atmosphere (just bubble city & marine/pilot training) it looked like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6yerichi ... zsb7d&dl=0
After being fully terraformed, including drowning it in as much water as I could (current game is Boron), it ended up looking like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ddkmulmh ... 8k3go&dl=0

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Terraforming - Planet Texture / Colour not changing

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 09:34

Oh boy, I think I'm having a senior moment.
I made this topic remembering what they looked like a few days ago (after completing MOP there seemed to be no change) ..

I should have checked again before posting, it has indeed changed since then, and no longer looks like the barren cratered moon surface it used to have

https://i.imgur.com/zmoFEL4.png

:doh:
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”