Beta 3 Capital ships have too small scanning area. Under 500m?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ange
x4

Beta 3 Capital ships have too small scanning area. Under 500m?

Post by ange » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 13:59

Capital ships have too small a scanning area. I have to fly with XL ships at less than 500m to scan. Well, it's always been that way. With S or M ships the scanning range is 1000m. XL should have 2000m.

Can you adjust this now? I've had this problem since version 4. Maybe earlier.
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Beta 3 Capital ships have too small scanning area. Under 500m?

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 14:30

This is not Beta Feedback, as you have clearly identified yourself. It's a feature request and therefore belongs in the main forum, which is where I've now moved it to.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 22:06

I assume problem with XL ships is that scanning range is detected from the bridge which in big ships is mostly located in far back of the ship.
For example if you're using Asgard and try scan construction ship you need fly approx 300m from the ship (based on the target range) and at that point ship is already partially at the side of builder ship (range is taken from center of the ship?).
This problem does not appear so much with smaller L-size ships as there bridges are located mostly in front part of the ship (and them are shorter).

I once tested that I flied 2 Asgards so that their XL main cannon tips touched each others. Distance from ship to ship at that point was something like 1,8km and it wasn't possible to scan.

ange
x4

Post by ange » Wed, 1. May 24, 08:34

CBJ wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 14:30
This is not Beta Feedback, as you have clearly identified yourself. It's a feature request and therefore belongs in the main forum, which is where I've now moved it to.
It's not a feature. Its a Bug that's need fixed.

I don't know of any aircraft where the radar is in the cockpit. It's a bug. Ok, a old bug.

I didn't try to hide that this is old bug. Read my post. Since I can't really write English, I use translate.go...

And I should report bugs that still occur in Beta 3. What now?
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. May 24, 09:07

Something not working the way you personally would like it to does not constitute a bug. And the fact that you acknowledge that it's been like that since long before 7.00 means that it has nothing to do with the public beta. As I said before, it's a feature request, and it belongs in this forum.

Return to “X4: Foundations”