[Request (bug?)] Allow us to dock on docked NPC ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request (bug?)] Allow us to dock on docked NPC ships

Post by user1679 » Fri, 10. May 24, 06:42

Request:

Allow players and their AI to dock on other faction's ships when those ships are docked

Detail:

I took a mission to pick up a person on a ship and fly them to a station. Unfortunately the target ship was faster than mine so I had to follow them around until they docked (they were always just outside my radar range so I couldn't right-click). Problem is, when they docked the ability for me to dock on their ship became greyed out. When I tried to force the dock by taking the pilot seat, Betty said "Docking not possible".

Ok, so I figured I'd dock on the station and enter the ship to talk to the NPC. Problem here is when I chose "please come aboard", the only ship available was the NPC's ship that I was standing on. My ship was not listed because it was docked on the station instead of on the ship. I waited for about 5 minutes but the NPC ship never undocked so I ended up just abandoning the mission.

Return to “X4: Foundations”