REQUEST .. planetary bodies

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

christina jade
x4

REQUEST .. planetary bodies

Post by christina jade » Sat, 11. May 24, 03:13

We have seen that the egosoft team can do it...
I would like to see more planetary bodies to land/dock with .
we have the asteroid with built in station in 'tides'. more like that , bigger in size .. perhaps moons that have bases on, mining plants?

Thank you.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Re: REQUEST .. planetary bodies

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 14. May 24, 12:42

They had more stuff like that in Rebirth, so yeah they can surely do it.

Add more colour to the universe.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Tue, 14. May 24, 14:31

I agree - more asteroid bases would be nice and add to the flavor.

Planetary landings have to wait, that much is clear, because it involves new graphic engine capabilities and a new flight mode. Would be nice, but probably much too big in terms of work and maybe also in terms of acceptance.

But asteroid bases - yes please :)

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Thu, 16. May 24, 16:00

Lets turn X4 into Starfield. What could go wrong.

I'm up for more models like Tidebreak, it is only a very fancy station module after all, you still dock on a standard 1M6S dock, so more should be just a matter of artist modelling time.

but planetary landing... please no. If you want planets to be part of the game then we should have orbital ports to dock with and heavy lifter drones can carry cargo up and down to the surface. These woudl really be very large trading docks.

Good Wizard
x4

Post by Good Wizard » Thu, 16. May 24, 20:56

gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 16. May 24, 16:00
Lets turn X4 into Starfield. What could go wrong.

<...>
:lol:

Ask Egosoft to implement Fast Travel, and everything works... not..
gbjbaanb wrote:
Thu, 16. May 24, 16:00
but planetary landing... please no. If you want planets to be part of the game then we should have orbital ports to dock with and heavy lifter drones can carry cargo up and down to the surface. These woudl really be very large trading docks.
This is actually a good idea, and much more believable than the landing on planets (a la Starfield especially). The (ab)use of reaction mass would be enormous. Also the idea includes the feature, that they do not need to build 'cities', which are in a way necessary, if you can land (see Freelancer), but bring nothing to the game...

Return to “X4: Foundations”