[#145] Pathing bug when marking a superhighway as destination for Guidance

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WoodyAut
x4

[#145] Pathing bug when marking a superhighway as destination for Guidance

Post by WoodyAut » Tue, 31. May 22, 18:13

Hi,

When marking a superhighway as destination to the guidance system on the map the correct path is marked, but the yellow arrow is missing on the hud and in the message window is written "find way to superhighway" although the path is completly explored.
If i mark an space point in front of the highway everything is working fine.
Save at https://gofile.io/d/nreQud

Best regards
WoodyAut
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 15. Aug 22, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

Good Wizard
x4

Re: Pathing bug when marking a superhighway as destination

Post by Good Wizard » Wed, 1. Jun 22, 12:07

The problem seems to be:
The optical cue is wrongly set to the other end of the Super Highway, but the distance calculation is taken from the correct entry point in the current sector.

One example, which I ran into while playing the PIO mission: With the Geometric Owl you fly into TER area, have to avoid patrols, and the mission gives you the usual yellow guidance to your target on the map and in the game. After entering Moon the guidance shows the Super Highway to Earth. The distance calculation counts down. But actually the optical cue (yellow ring) while flying does not point at the entry gate for the Super Highway, it seems to point at the entry gate on the other end!

As a consequence you fly (Autopilot is possible, but not used) towards the target cue and pass the entrance by some 30 km or so, and then the distance which is taken from the real entrance starts to grow again. Looking on the map you see clearly, that you passed the entrance and are flying away from it. You also cannot select it in the game, because selecting the gate will always select the other end! I had to target a satellite near it to be able to fly towards it, because it was too far away and too dark to be seen from further away.

A similar problem can be seen in the Grand Exchange Sector, where the Super Highways are also a bit fishy.

The path finding problem come from this problem: Selecting some Super Highways sometimes selects the wrong end, i.e. the far end, the exit point. But the distance calculation is correct, and shows the distance in your current sector. According to Semira (Youtube) this seems to be a known bug, and I experienced it in various ways in earlier versions. It was especially visible with the PIO mission, so I mention it here.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Pathing bug when marking a superhighway as destination for Guidance

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 15. Aug 22, 23:33

The attached images illustrate the issue.

In the first you can see the yellow ring denoting that player Guidance has been set to a Guiding Star VII station.

In the second you can see that the yellow ring is not around the Super Highway exit in Guiding Star VII. The left HUD monitor shows that it is the Guidance target.
Station_guidance.JPG
Super_highway_guidance.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [#145] Pathing bug when marking a superhighway as destination for Guidance

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 16. Aug 22, 18:04

The save in the OP is not available anymore.

Here is a save where this can be observed:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLxty2 ... sp=sharing

PowerPC603
xr

[BUG] Super highways sometimes get bugged when using guidance to somewhere

Post by PowerPC603 » Tue, 30. Aug 22, 18:17

Hi,

I've noticed a few times already when you use guidance to another station or location in another sector and the guidance uses the super highways, it highlights the exit of the highway instead of the entrance in orange.
So when you fly towards the orange marker, you fly further away instead of closer.

Images are here: https://imgur.com/gallery/j8WEUYU

It shows me being in Grand Exchange I while having guidance to a station in Grand Exchange IV and it clearly shows the exit highlighted instead of the entrance.
Also the highway symbol is located on the exit instead of the entrance.
Last edited by Ketraar on Tue, 30. Aug 22, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing report
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”