Elevator issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Garethas

Elevator issue

Post by Garethas » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 09:03

Today, I was teleporting from station to station in order to shop for Management Seminars, and if I used the "elevator" to go to the trader, once arrived the door wouldn't open and the panel was inactive.

The only way out was teleporting again and walking to the trader.

Happened on 6.20.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Elevator issue

Post by CBJ » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 11:47

Please see the thread entitled "Technical Support Requests - Please read this before posting!" at the top of the forum. Without the information requested there, there is very little we can do to help.

For your specific case, does it happen again when you do the same thing or was it a one-off? If it was a one-off then there's not much we can investigate; if it's reproducible then we'll need your unmodified savegame. The thread at the top of the forum explains how to provide this.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 16:12

The next time this happens, try opening the game menu with Escape and close the menu again.

It tends to fix the issue where interactables randomly stop being interactable.

Irushian
x4

Post by Irushian » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 17:27

CBJ wrote:
Sun, 27. Aug 23, 11:47
Please see the thread entitled "Technical Support Requests - Please read this before posting!" at the top of the forum. Without the information requested there, there is very little we can do to help.

For your specific case, does it happen again when you do the same thing or was it a one-off? If it was a one-off then there's not much we can investigate; if it's reproducible then we'll need your unmodified savegame. The thread at the top of the forum explains how to provide this.
I'm afraid it's not reproducible that I've come across, saving and reloading has also fixed it for me so providing a save game might not be that useful. For me it happens once in a blue moon after teleporting and I don't think I've ever had it from anything else.

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Sun, 27. Aug 23, 21:06

Just dropping in to mention that this has been happening before 6.20 already, although I don't recall seeing it before and during the major 6.00 KE patch. It may have been introduced in one of the smaller patches afterwards.

It only happens on occasion and seems to be related to teleportation and/or being on a station without any docked player ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”