X52 buttons not correctly recognized

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alzee

X52 buttons not correctly recognized

Post by alzee » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 20:33

Having an issue here with X4 and my X52 pro, hoping someone has a simple explanation or workaround. Haven't been able to find anything with a forum search or wider web search.

I'm running Win 11, X4 6.20(511811) English. I am not using the Logitech X52 software.

For those not familiar with this HOTAS, on the throttle base there are a total of 4 additional controls just below the display. Two rotary encoders (scroll wheels) that can also be pressed "in", and two buttons. In the windows control panel for game controllers, all of these show up and work properly as individual controls. They work correctly in other games I use with this HOTAS as well, such as DCS, Elite Dangerous, and MSFS.

However in X4, the scroll wheels are being interpreted as the same control as the POV 1 hat on the joystick. In X4 when I map the POV hat to different things, it is shown as for example "D Pad Up" or "D Pad Left". When I scroll the scroll wheels on the base of the throttle, the same control name is shown in X4, and if that control on the POV hat is already assigned, I will be warned about the reassignment.

I wonder if this is the same issue that Elite had, where they had a 32 button limit for game controllers, and buttons with higher numbers were wrapping back around at 1? If so is this being fixed, or is there a workaround in a config file or something?

TIA!

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X52 buttons not correctly recognized

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 00:30

Heys, it's been a while since I setup my X56, but I believe I remember something like this happening. Is it possible in the X52's software to set the POVs as buttons (basically, binding a keyboard key to each direction)?

Eg:
https://i.imgur.com/KqOSJ8K.png

alzee

Re: X52 buttons not correctly recognized

Post by alzee » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 00:38

Tomonor wrote:
Sat, 13. Apr 24, 00:30
Heys, it's been a while since I setup my X56, but I believe I remember something like this happening. Is it possible in the X52's software to set the POVs as buttons (basically, binding a keyboard key to each direction)?

Yeah that is possible, but as I mentioned I don't use the x52s software currently and would rather not be forced to do so. It's pretty painful to work with, and I don't have any other games that require it. Hoping it's just the button count thing and Ego can fix it without much effort.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”