6.20 Erlking Travel Drive not working - Solved/Request for QoL fix

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

6.20 Erlking Travel Drive not working - Solved/Request for QoL fix

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 21:28

So I just got myself the Erlking in this playthrough, fitted it out completely, modded the components and now that I wanted to take her out for a spin it turned out that for whatever reason the travel drive just refuses to activate. When I try to activate it, just get the typical error buzz (as if the travel drive were blocked like when in combat) yet I'm not in combat (the HUD also doesn't indicate the travel drive were inhibited) and the travel drive isn't working at all. I've tried to reload the save, didn't fix the issue. I've tried to teleport away, do some stuff then teleport back, didn't fix the issue. Other ships have no issue, travel drive works as intended for those so as far as I can tell it's just the Erlking acting up. In retrospective, it also took a loooooooong time (with SETA running) for the Erlking to reach my shipyard and though I can't say with 100% certainty (as I was flying another ship doing stuff as I had sent the Erlking to my shipyard with command to upgrade and repair) I strongly suspect that it also didn't use the traveldrive on the way from the VIG Keepsave.

I honestly don't know what could cause this issue and would love for someone to have a look at this and see if they can figure out what's going on.

I'm running the latest live build on Steam, patch 6.20. No beta and no game modifications at all (never used mods so far).

Link to Onedrive download for a Quicksave on the Erlking: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArX9WUis7w6DcysK_8y ... s?e=aTxPZl

Edit://
Problem was caused by absence of the Flight Assistance software. For some reason it is not tagged as mandatory on the Erlking as it is for other ships. Installing the Flight Assistance software fixed the issue and travel drive is now working as it should.
I would respectfully ask the devs to tag the Flight Assistance software as mandatory for the Erlking to ensure other players don't run into the same confusion, thank you.
Last edited by Feloidea on Mon, 29. Apr 24, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: 6.20 Erlking Travel Drive not working

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 23:39

I had a look at the save and can confirm the save issue in my vanilla 6.20 too. I don't have that problem with my own Erlking.

I checked it for stuck/embedded rocks or deployables (which is a fairly common cause of traveldrive blocking) but cannot see any on map or suit fly-by. I even checked the free operation of the landing pads and suit hatch to make sure there was nothing stuck inside them. I played around with cancelling orders and behaviours, cancelling autopilot, using the menu command to start traveldrive rather than using mode, and nothing helped. The other modes all work on it. Sorry, but it may be a bugged ship.

Perhaps at your shipyard you could try removing the engine mods, removing the Erlking engines, and then reinstalling them and testing them before modding them again just to see if anything improves after that.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 23:54

Oh no no no no. Please don't tell me ships can bug out like that or that it's permanent. I just spend 3/4 of my mod materials to spec out that kitty. I'll wait and see for any other responses for now and if nothing comes off of it for a while I may try to refit the engine and see if anything changes.

I just hope the ship itself isn't bugged to hell, because damn will I be salty if I had to scrap and rebuild the entire thing after having spend so many modding resources on it.

HeinzS
x4

Post by HeinzS » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 10:23

I had the same problem and the flight assistance software was missing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 11:51

Aaah! Yes mine does have Flight Assist software. If that's the problem then it would nice if either it came fitted, or you had a hint saying it was missing when you try to traveldrive.

Interestingly, the in-game encylopaedia entry for Flight Assist software does not mention that it is needed for traveldrive.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 14:09

It kind of makes sense given that flight assist has to be turned on for travel mode to have any effect on speed. Without flight assist being enabled, your ship is limited to accelerating/decelerating towards maximum regular flight speed only, and even then you need to constantly increase throttle to achieve that. This is assuming the flight assist software has something to do with the flight assist flying mode.

Casishur
x4

Post by Casishur » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 14:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 24, 11:51
Aaah! Yes mine does have Flight Assist software. If that's the problem then it would nice if either it came fitted, or you had a hint saying it was missing when you try to traveldrive.

Interestingly, the in-game encylopaedia entry for Flight Assist software does not mention that it is needed for traveldrive.
the software that is installed as important in all ships is listed as not important in the Erlkönig and can therefore be upgraded.
This concerns the flight assist software, the lack of which means that the ships cannot use the travelling mode.
The bug has been reported separately in beta 6.0 together with the Erlkönig core bug, but only the core bug has been fixed.
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 15:48

Yeah, checked my Erlking: no Flight Assistance software as it wasn't mandatory (and the Erlking didn't have one when I had boarded it). Send it back to my shipyard, installed the software and now it works.

Interestingly enough I've checked sporadically and every ship I looked at the Flight Assistance software was a mandatory install. I've by no means checked everything so there might be other outliers but I would suspect that the Erlking not having it installed as mandatory software is perhaps an oversight by the devs and should also be a rather easy thing to fix. If any of the devs is looking at this, might want to take a note and put it into the backlog of improvements to make.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”