removing mass traffic mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cg089
x4

Re: removing mass traffic mod?

Post by Cg089 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 17:17

Sorry, thought this was clear from the prior posts.
  1. Go to Documents/Egosoft/X4.
  2. Go into the folder inside that. I can't tell you exactly what that folder's name will be, because it's a long number used by steam to identify your account.
  3. Ideally, copy config.xml somewhere else in case you make a mistake in the new few steps. If not, you can always reset your settings and try again.
  4. Right click config.xml (which will appear to be named config since windows hides extensions from filenames). Select Open with -> Notepad
  5. Alternatively, if you have installed Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/), which is a much better text editor than Microsoft's Notepad in my opinion (that's literally why Notepad++ exists as far as I can tell - someone got sick of using Notepad and decided to make a better one) you can just right-click and select Edit with Notepad++.
  6. Change <trafficdensity>0.50</trafficdensity> to <trafficdensity>0.00</trafficdensity> (If you wanted to reduce the traffic but not eliminate it, you could use another value besides 0.00, but 0.00 should eliminate the cosmetic mass traffic).
  7. Save the file & exit notepad
  8. Launch X4 and enjoy playing without the cosmetic mass traffic.
Hope this helps.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 03:19

Oops no no thank you haha, my fault I didn't relay what I meant clearly, I was talking about replacing mass traffic with proper ships.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 18:06

That's likely to be a pain & make performance worse, but might be doable. Not something I'm personally that interested in, but good luck :)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 01:54

Cg089 wrote:
Wed, 27. Feb 19, 18:06
That's likely to be a pain & make performance worse, but might be doable. Not something I'm personally that interested in, but good luck :)
I agree actually.. Performance is bad enough, the GFX options besides SSAA or resolution upscale have naught impact on frame rate for me on my RX 480 G1 Gaming however I thought upgrading to this Xeon E5-1650v0 and clocking that sucker up at 4.5ghz on all six cores would made this game smooth I was wrong this game is so heavy on CPU usage that even Zen 2700X's struggle to maintain 50 frames on stations and 60 in space, however, the pain of mass traffic part actually not that hard from what I can see in the files.
currently on the map to save performance I don't display any trade data or civ ships, to keep the map clean.

Do wish the map would pause the game tho while playing maybe that is something I can do quickly fix, no actually I understand why pause was not possible but pause rendering would be something it needs badly because stations already wreck frame rates and then when you modify a ship or use the map it drops to 35s for me and I hate that I would rather pause the game when modifying ships and pause the render of HQ LOD when using the map to both greatly improve performance of both.

Back on subject tho, mass traffic set to a low number like 0.02 and using real ships should not be too bad.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 12:24

I am pretty sure you can pause the game while in map mode (and still use the map) - just press the [break/pause] key
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 07:41

UniTrader wrote:
Thu, 28. Feb 19, 12:24
I am pretty sure you can pause the game while in map mode (and still use the map) - just press the [break/pause] key
Well it is now the CTRL+P key for me due to using a HCS X4 Alix voice attack profile. but sounds like somebody is going to try and duel bind the keys for the map or make voice attack pause before opening and closing map.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”