[Gamestart] Young Gun Start with "Improved" Buzzard

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

[Gamestart] Young Gun Start with "Improved" Buzzard

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 21:51

This is essentially the stock Young Gun Start, but with a significantly "Improved" Teladi Buzzard instead of that useless Elite…along with a few “extras”.

Why another game start?
  • To start with, I've never much cared for the "Super Highways" that were introduced with the X4 series. It's a personal preference...there is no "right or wrong. (That said, I was really happy to come across the "nosuperhighways" mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/80 )
  • Unfortunately, once the Super Highways were removed, I realized that I now needed a faster ship…one with better handling and some serious "teeth" to help me survive and prosper.
  • Solution: I always liked the looks of the Teladi Buzzard (sort of “Industrial Chic”), but piloting it was like driving a tank...a really really slow tank. So I decided to add an "Improved" variant of the venerable Teladi Buzzard to the game...one with much-improved performance.
...and so it begins:

You are Skippa Da'lizard IX, a clever, inquisitive Teladi...with occasional anger-management issues. You own a fast and well-equipped Teladi Improved Buzzard. Somewhere along the way, you also managed to "acquire" a full suite of blueprints for both Argon and General building Modules, so you can get some stations going as soon as you scrounge up some credits.

Other than your character being a cute Teladi lizard, along with the cool new ship, 125,000 starting credits, and the blueprints, this is pretty much the stock Young Gun Start (e.g. same exposed sectors at the start, stock Faction reputations, etc).

My preferred version of the gamestart removes the Super Highways. However I also recognize that some players will prefer Super Highways, so there is an alternate version that leaves them in place.

The boring details:

You start out as a handsome, debonair, and well-dressed (love the cloak!) lizard in the hanger of the Argon Equipment Dock in Black Hole Sun IV.
  • The blueprints for Argon and General modules are already in your inventory.
  • You have 125,000 credits burning a hole in your pocket.
  • Everything else is per the stock Young Gun Game Start.
Your starter ship is the newly introduced "Improved" variant of the Teladi Buzzard, complete with:
  • Engine: Paranid Combat Mk3
  • Thruster: Allround Mk3
  • Shield: Teladi Mk3
  • Weapons: 3x Bolt Repeater Mk2
This gamestart comes in two versions:
  • Standard: DGS-Young_Gun_Improved_Buzzard-NoSuperHighways
  • Alternate: DGS-Young_Gun_Improved_Buzzard
Download (for both versions): https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/595

Compatibility:

Currently playing on 4.0 Beta 3, with: Credits:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”