[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Polofix

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

Post by Polofix » Sun, 18. Jun 23, 16:10

ScandyNav wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 11:17
Polofix wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 10:47
Which ones are affected?
There are several, after all: PPC Gun, PPC, xPPC.
ANT/ARG PPC turret became high-power slot only, like high-power beams.
I just noticed that my Asgard has 10 ARG L PPCs installed. I can remove them, but I can't re-equip with them. The Asgard has no high-power turret slots (XL slot). But now I wonder, which ships have XL slots and can take the ARG L PPCs?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 05:25

The download note for version 4.03 says to check the forums for details... I only see notes for 4.0 on the first page. I currently have 4.02, can someone explain what was updated for 4.03? Also, if I'm using SVE with their VRO patch, will it cause too many problems to update VRO if they haven't updated their patch yet?

Thanks!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 4. Jul 23, 15:41

user1679 wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 05:25
The download note for version 4.03 says to check the forums for details... I only see notes for 4.0 on the first page. I currently have 4.02, can someone explain what was updated for 4.03? Also, if I'm using SVE with their VRO patch, will it cause too many problems to update VRO if they haven't updated their patch yet?

Thanks!
Updated the second message with latest patch notes
Im not responsible for SVE, please ask i nthe related threads

And again, main communication for the mod is in discord with latest news. (link https://discord.gg/wSgwseXDju)

G89365
x4

Post by G89365 » Fri, 7. Jul 23, 20:52

Hello! I just tried your mod. All nothing until it came to the construction of a defensive platform. For some reason, half of the slots for L-turrets are blocked on all modules. Is this an idea, or a bug?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 13:20

G89365 wrote:
Fri, 7. Jul 23, 20:52
Hello! I just tried your mod. All nothing until it came to the construction of a defensive platform. For some reason, half of the slots for L-turrets are blocked on all modules. Is this an idea, or a bug?
That's by design. Various weapons have been changed in VRO, meaning a fully-loaded Defence Module on a station is MASSIVELY over-powered. By halving the L-Class Turret count, balance is maintained.

Still, you can just build TWO Defence Module to get the effect, at a small extra Hull Parts, Claytronics and Energy Cells cost :)

G89365
x4

Post by G89365 » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 23:34

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 9. Jul 23, 13:20
G89365 wrote:
That's by design. Various weapons have been changed in VRO, meaning a fully-loaded Defence Module on a station is MASSIVELY over-powered. By halving the L-Class Turret count, balance is maintained.

Still, you can just build TWO Defence Module to get the effect, at a small extra Hull Parts, Claytronics and Energy Cells cost :)
What is the point reduce the number of turrets, so that the player would make a pile of modules, to achieving the desired equipment, and in the end everything would look like some kind of freak station. It is not easier to leave everything as it was and let us, the players, decide how much and what to bet. In my opinion that would be better. In addition, if you use jointly the "Rise of the Ossian Raider" mod, then such stations will not withstand some Xenon ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 11. Jul 23, 13:48

G89365 wrote:
Mon, 10. Jul 23, 23:34
What is the point reduce the number of turrets, so that the player would make a pile of modules, to achieving the desired equipment, and in the end everything would look like some kind of freak station. It is not easier to leave everything as it was and let us, the players, decide how much and what to bet. In my opinion that would be better. In addition, if you use jointly the "Rise of the Ossian Raider" mod, then such stations will not withstand some Xenon ships.
Because that's how the mod author chose to balance their game. Plus, they can't really be balancing things taking into consideration every other mod a player might or might not use.

Defence Platforms still work well, you just need more (cheaper) Defence Modules. That's it. When built by the AI, stations are still quite beastly, though I do wonder how aware the AI is of the reduced effectiveness of individual Modules, and whether it builds more to compensate. I've certainly seen regular, none Defence Platform, stations rip apart large Xenon fleets. I also don't know if the game dynamically beefs up stations that are attacked regularly.

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Fri, 14. Jul 23, 13:54

G89365 wrote:
The decision was not about the player, it was about AI stations.
The whole point of removing half the guns is that AI defense stations were overpowered (due to weapon rebalancing) and required HUGE fleets to take down.
AI has a defined station model that has not been changed for VRO, which means that no, they will not build MORE defense modules. That's the point.

Player can always compensate with more modules and player's defense stations can be made OP, but there is no way to limit that without introducing some kind of module limits to the build menu.
Lastly, if you are mixing mods that are balanced very differently (like VRO + RoR in your example) - any imbalance this causes is on you for playing with both :)
Image Image

Dmartos5

Post by Dmartos5 » Fri, 11. Aug 23, 17:26

Hi, I don't know if it's a vanilla bug or it's the VRO? I can't attack mk1 laser towers :cry:

user1679

Post by user1679 » Sat, 12. Aug 23, 05:43

Dmartos5 wrote:
Fri, 11. Aug 23, 17:26
Hi, I don't know if it's a vanilla bug or it's the VRO? I can't attack mk1 laser towers :cry:
It's a bug with the base game.

6.00 HF5 BUG - Own AI Ships will not engage hostile Lasertowers - Fix in a build after 6.10 HF1

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 14. Aug 23, 11:20

Patch 4.04
- Steam release (Now you need VRO_assets mod for main mod to work)

- Fixed Boron dumbfire turrets not working
- Fixed one missing Split texture
- Updated some localization files (thanks to all contributors)

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 10:32

Is there a full map of all sectors available anywhere ?
I have a mission in sector Family Dhiok 1 and i just cant seem to find it, any help would be appreciated as im not getting any in game help other than "find a way to Family Dhiok 1"

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 10:54

You can unlock the entire map through the mod, unless you want to gradually unlock it yourself.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 11:18

alexalsp wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 10:54
You can unlock the entire map through the mod, unless you want to gradually unlock it yourself.
Thank you, it seems the sector i want is unlocked with the kingdom end DLC quests as i can see it but as i havent attempted that quest in the current game im still unable to get there but the mod you posted worked very well, thank you.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 13:48

zdan30 wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 10:32
I have a mission in sector Family Dhiok 1 and i just cant seem to find it, any help would be appreciated as im not getting any in game help other than "find a way to Family Dhiok 1"
I've never heard of Family Dhiok, and I have the entire map uncovered bar one mission-related sector. Sounds like you're using a mod that adds sectors.

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 14:22

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 13:48
zdan30 wrote:
Fri, 22. Sep 23, 10:32
I've never heard of Family Dhiok, and I have the entire map uncovered bar one mission-related sector. Sounds like you're using a mod that adds sectors.
Family Dhiok cluster is indeed modded - added by Reemergence.
It's in the upper right corner of the map.
Image Image

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 22:08

Just a small observation. Okinawa Freighter is SSLLOOWW. Sonra Sentinel/Vanguard is VASTLY faster, and the Sentinel variant even has similar cargo space. Plus the Sonra chassis has an L turret (the Okinawa has none). AND Sonra has 2 S Docks - vs 1 S Dock for the Okinawa... AND Sonra has more S ship storage.

Is this intentional?

More curious than anything. This is with all bp's unlocked of course, so I can slap whatever engines on any chassis.

Doesn't bother me a whole lot, it just seems like a huge disparity for slightly less cargo space. Recently had to replace a lot of my Okinawas once I noticed this. Didn't mind a whole lot since I'm happy to uprgrade, but... this is a HUGE upgrade.

:D

BillyRay

Post by BillyRay » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 04:34

Are there any different stats for the weapons from different races? Is a Paranid L Plasma turret still better than the other races?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 14:50

BillyRay wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 04:34
Are there any different stats for the weapons from different races? Is a Paranid L Plasma turret still better than the other races?
Check the Encyclopaedia, it'll detail the individual weapon stats, so you can compare the same (named) weapon when available from different Factions.

BillyRay

Post by BillyRay » Mon, 6. Nov 23, 09:00

Yep, its all obvious now. At the time it was a new game and I hadn't got the encyclopedia filled yet. The reference chart on the website does not show the racial variations in weapon stats.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”