Support for X4 modding/ mod idea

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

asarjan-design
x4

Support for X4 modding/ mod idea

Post by asarjan-design » Sun, 7. May 23, 07:59

Hello folks,

I've already created mods for other games (mostly for private use), so I'm a newbie with X4 and so I hope to get some help and support with my idea here.

>> Foreword:
What keeps bugging me about X4...and I'm sure I'm not the only one...is that the PHQ is so incomplete and the module snappoints are so extremely asymmetric. Although there is already a mod that completes the PHQ, but as far as I know, this mod is now more than outdated xD

>> What I would like to realize as a mod:
My idea is to keep the original PHQ in its current look for the time being, except for a few small changes to be able to place the snappoints symmetrically.
So that the PHQ can then be completed, I had considered realizing this as a mission or a small story plot. For example, the player will be contacted by Boso Ta and/or Dal, who will point out that it would be a good thing if the PHQ were "renovated". The player would then have to bring a certain amount of materials to the PHQ and hire a construction ship or provide one of their own.
Furthermore, the player should be able to decide on one of several possible "upgrades" before the PHQ renovation... for example, the PHQ should serve as living space, or act as an energy cell factory due to the special magnetic field of the asteroid, or as a factory for food and medical goods , or just as a structure without any special function. If you opt for the options housing or factory for food and medical goods decides, the player must decide which race this then serves.

I would also like the PHQ to have an appropriate look based on its upgrade.
As soon as you start with the "renovation", should the PHQ be gradually rebuilt like a station module, if this is possible?

>> The implementation:
As far as creating the models is concerned, it's not a problem for me because I've been doing 3D modeling for more than 10 years. Here, however, I would need certain information about the texture formats, units of measurement when creating a new model.
I realize that such a mod, with these choices, requires a lot of scripting and that it probably won't be that easy.

Now, however, there is still the question of whether my idea can be implemented at all in the way I imagine it to be??
Which tools do I need for this? (I've already looked at the post with all the tools, but I can't really see through it xD )
Does anyone have any experience with creating new missions/story plots and could give me a little help?

I would be grateful for any help, advice and support :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”