YAKI mission glitch ? Intercepting Haily

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ryba
x4

YAKI mission glitch ? Intercepting Haily

Post by Ryba » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 20:55

Hi
I have problem with mission for YAKI, when I already placed all needed beacons from Asteroid Belt to Earth and I have to intercept Haily (I might misspronuce his name, sorry). He is heading towards Terran Defence Platfrom in Mars system and I need to chase him and intercept before he reaches it. Problem is, when I get close to him, he stops and... dissapears from the ship. He is not in the cockpit, I can't talk with him, I can't dock with space suit (because no one is inside, so no one can let me in). Mission freezes in such state. Nothing happens. Mission hint is still "intercept Haily before he reaches Terran station" or something like it...

Does anyone have same problem ? Any solution ?

scrab21
x4

Re: YAKI mission glitch ? Intercepting Haily

Post by scrab21 » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 01:04

I have the same problem! also his ship it's invincible, maybe you're not supposed to catch him?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 01:21

Ryba wrote:
Sat, 20. Mar 21, 20:55
Any solution ?
Reading the underlying script for the mission it would seem the intent is for you to dispose of him and his ship with merciless force.

Unfortunately he does not take your idea for weakening the Xenon and earning glory destroying their fleets in the name of Earth very well and is mind set on telling your commander some made up story that you are betraying earth. There is no way for you to reason with him other than permanently disposing of him. Part of me thinks this is kind of poor script writing, since it is not like you will be endangering Earth, are you?

The other outcomes for the missions are more favourable for his longevity. One of them even sees him joining your company as a pilot.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 02:08

It’s a bug and they already know about it and fix it. A save and reload will remove his invulnerability.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”