X4 SV: Did I miss the plot? (twice?)

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dizzy
x4

X4 SV: Did I miss the plot? (twice?)

Post by dizzy » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 06:05

Hi,

TL;DR in the Split Free Families start are you expected to be able to destroy the ships that are targeted at the start of the plot by the main mission?

Sorry, this is probably one of those things that I'll probably feel silly when I realize the mistake I did but here it goes... So I started X4 Split Vendetta first start (free families?) and I'm in an astronaut suit and floating and someone picks me up (so that's all cool and nice). Then I get the objective with difficulty "impossible" to have revenge. I try to follow my target out of the system, going at travel mode speed towards the gate, then a scripted cutscene shows some Argon diplomatic envoy then I am immediately transported to the next sector and I continue to follow my target which, as expected, kicks my butt (they have 6 ships or so, at least one M6), so I die honorably in combat as a Split should.

Then after reloading I realize I didn't save at all so it gets me back to the point in the plot where I get on board the ship, so again I engage travel mode and again I go towards the gate and again the Argon diplomatic convoy cutscene plays after which I jump out of the sector. So now I spend the next two hours struggling to make any money/complete any missions because pretty much everywhere I go there are enemy Zyarth Split police patrols that seem to be aware where I am in the sector and constantly chase me even if I'm not in their radar range... So after 2 hours doing that and barely making any money I'm starting to wonder if I haven't missed something obvious because I doubt the game would be this hard for the first plot mission. Did I miss some plot trigger or something?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

fcth
x4

Re: X4 SV: Did I miss the plot? (twice?)

Post by fcth » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 06:44

As I understand it, that get revenge mission is a long term goal. You need to escape Split space and build up in the other faction's area.

The scripted cutscene is just a one off for some world building (letting you know new gates are open).

The SV plot is something else. To get it I believe you need to do the HQ Plot, the HAT plot, and maybe the very start of the Paranid plot. Then a contact will message you about opportunities in Split space.

Shehriazad
x4

Re: X4 SV: Did I miss the plot? (twice?)

Post by Shehriazad » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 10:40

You need to do the HAT and HQ Plot. Paranoid Plot is irrelevant for it.

Once the HAT plot is over at some point your Boron will contact you because something is amiss on your HQ.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”