Fate of Arcadian Endeavour

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TXNNGVGX
x4

Fate of Arcadian Endeavour

Post by TXNNGVGX » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 23:08

I got to the point where I had to choose between Mellerd and Maestro. I, playing the role of an obedient citizen, flew to Mellerd. After I blew up the engines of the pirate ship, I was told thank you, etc. In the hope of taking it for myself, I was waiting for failure. There is no data leak, and the ship itself is without a fraction. Then a couple of minutes later he explodes, and Millerd says she wanted to catch him alive or something like that. And so there are a lot of questions:

1. Was the ship really supposed to explode?
2. If the ship exploded, how did the Maestro blow it up with himself?
3. Was it possible to prevent the explosion and give the Maestro to the ministry?
4. If the ship was not supposed to explode, then why can't it be captured?
5. ...And why can't the ship be captured at all? given the words that Millerd said, it would be possible to seize the ship and dock to the Station to put the Maestro into custody

It seems to me that all this is some kind of bug of the game, because there are a lot of questions. Also, for some reason, when I shoot at the Ace, my reputation with the ministry worsens, although he was the first to start shooting at me.

:?

MaltWhiskey
x2

Re: Fate of Arcadian Endeavour

Post by MaltWhiskey » Sun, 16. Jul 23, 21:49

Late to the party, but I'm currently at exactly the same point in the story. Apparently, it used to be possible to cheese-gain ownership of the "Arcadian Endeavor", transfer the (quite capable and valuable) crew and sell the ship to a wharf, which was patched out. The ship exploding was probably at some point used as a counter-measure and has persisted to remove a unique ship permanently from the game. I'd like to imagine that the Empyrean Curs prefer to die over facing the evil Ministry and had a dead-man's countdown prepared that self-destructs the ship if a code is not repeatedly entered.

Of course, you can also make Mellerd the evil corporate type that grabs Maestro and then blows up the Endeavor to break Maestro's spirit?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 20:58

This is not a bug. The Arcadian Endeavour can not be boarded, and is removed by the game after the completion of the plot (sided with Ministry version only) so as to not clutter up the game. Similar things happen to some other plot-related ships in the game.

As this isn't a tech support issue, I'm moving it to the Spoilers Forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 1. May 24, 14:12

I am asking at this point where I am, what ship does he need me to bring? I had a large miner, empty, and that was not enough?

Silly to put people through this ordeal when the outcome is unclear.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. May 24, 15:32

@ MrKiller: This is an oldish thread and your post doesn't even seem to be related to the thread topic.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”