[BETA 7 #5] L Ships Colliding with eachother at accelerators

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

SpaceCadet11864
x4

[BETA 7 #5] L Ships Colliding with eachother at accelerators

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Fri, 10. May 24, 12:20

I've noticed this quite a bit in my recent play throughs, more often then I can recall in previous versions of the game. However, I haven't been able to capture it by saving the game right before it happens, and dont think it would help to save the game after it happens. This is why it's been hard for me to come up with saves for this in the past.

IT's actually very simple to reproduce, go to any accelerator that has an L ship going through it, and watch IS. The L ship will often times appear in the very middle of the gateway when it arrives, and anything coming behind will crash into it. To prove this, I started watching the gates and making saves before each crash event occurred. I also reload the save again to verify it happens again.

So I've been camping gates and just waiting for it to happen, and now I have compiled a list of saves where a collision event happens. Sometimes they will boost and lose all its shields on entry, but I'm not sure why it doesnt do it 100% of the time, you can reproduce this though if you reload a save enough times ;)

1. Heron E goes through gate, then gets crashed into shortly after. You'll be aboard the Heron E before it goes through the accelerator gate, and will have to wait <20 seconds or so.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/2iynlx1i ... ozacm&dl=0

2. Two Argon Freighters crash into each other (one loses near 50% health) - this one happens very early in the save, you should PAUSE immediately when loading and look at CLV-521 and BRP-953. The crash will not happen if OOS (Which you are in the current save), so you should switch to external view on one of the ships before they arrive.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/268e82wn ... bxn68&dl=0

3. Two Magnetars crash into each other
In this save, you will be onboard a magnetar, this is like the first, you'll have to wait for it to go through the gate, once it goes through the gate, another magnetar slams right into it's rear.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ch4guiwc ... e45it&dl=0

4. Crane crashes into Heron E
In this save, the Teladi Heron E (IWL-644) will be jumping from accelerator gate to Grand Exchange I. When you load, you will be on a nearby station from where the IWL-644 will arrive. Once it arrives, watch the IWL-644 in external view, in about 15-20 seconds or so - a crane will crash into it. it happens right when its travel drive sounds like its about to fully engage.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0efgvdbj ... nwf1q&dl=0

Let me know if you need any more saves capturing this behavior. I think the issue is that L Ships arrive in the middle of the accelerator and they take up almost the entire area of it. In addition, they are slow. So the more L ships are going to pass through an accelerator within a 30 second window, the more likely they will crash into each other.

I only spent about 30 minutes carefully watching gates and capturing them, and there were even a few I just was too slow to capture. You have to save before one goes through the gate, and make sure it arrives in high attention. But honestly, if you have L ships passing through acceleration gates in high attention, a collision is highly likely to occur.

I only spent time watching grand exchange, but want to mention the acceleration gate at Iunumus Zura (next to the trading station) is another common area where you'll find them.

I can capture more, just let me know if these saves are good enough or if there's some more data that is required to track down the issue.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Re: [BETA 7 #5] L Ships Colliding with eachother at accelerators

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Tue, 14. May 24, 14:39

Just realized I was talking about super highways, not accelerators, though if they don't jump at those then crashing probably happens there as well.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”