Removed from Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Removed from Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 16:17

This is a feature not a bug :-) Seriously, it has been that way since forever, and we were told it's intended. If I really need it, I just save and reload.

Reginald_CZ
x4

Re: [#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by Reginald_CZ » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 17:00

VincentTH wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 16:17
This is a feature not a bug :-) Seriously, it has been that way since forever, and we were told it's intended. If I really need it, I just save and reload.
This is one of the exceptions where saving & reloading doesn't help. When I loaded the save to test if there are NPCs at the SCA space station, where the bug happened, the traders were still not there. Only after talking with other NPCs, they appeared.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: [#622][6.00 Beta 492332] Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 09:21

Reginald_CZ wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 17:00
VincentTH wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 16:17
This is one of the exceptions where saving & reloading doesn't help. When I loaded the save to test if there are NPCs at the SCA space station, where the bug happened, the traders were still not there. Only after talking with other NPCs, they appeared.
The first you get to a missing trader you have to save and reload. Then just wit a bit, I usually walk till the end of the Trade Area facing the dock and back to the desk. I can see the trader "materialising". This is, probably due to Graphic RAM contamination (rubish left over other renderings). Unfortunately it is not a bug for Egosot to solve but (most probably) for Vulkan, as it is happening to every card I know of.

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 10:30

Stop using 5.00 logic to explain 6.00 issues. We got a freaking new graphics engine and need to forget what we know and start over and learn what delightful feature this one comes with.

So far the late loading of stuff is not part of 6.00, so it is impossible for it to be a loading issue that the Shipsales/Trader and other static NPC is missing, there is most likely even more missing that we don't notice because they roam or is decorations, so we can't "see" they are missing.

My HQ has 4 luxury docks, 1 trader 3 empty every time I visit as I always end up going to an empty one first since the sort order of same named docks changes every time I use the elevator. Warfs/Shipyards has one manned and empty Shipsale desks. If the station has a SINGLE trader, I've never encountered that person missing, but with more than one desk, it seems like the others has a high chance of having the staff missing.

Freshly Started 6.00 Beta 1 game.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 15:03

Miravlix wrote:
Sat, 28. Jan 23, 10:30
Stop using 5.00 logic to explain 6.00 issues. We got a freaking new graphics engine and need to forget what we know and start over and learn what delightful feature this one comes with.

So far the late loading of stuff is not part of 6.00, so it is impossible for it to be a loading issue that the Shipsales/Trader and other static NPC is missing, there is most likely even more missing that we don't notice because they roam or is decorations, so we can't "see" they are missing.

My HQ has 4 luxury docks, 1 trader 3 empty every time I visit as I always end up going to an empty one first since the sort order of same named docks changes every time I use the elevator. Warfs/Shipyards has one manned and empty Shipsale desks. If the station has a SINGLE trader, I've never encountered that person missing, but with more than one desk, it seems like the others has a high chance of having the staff missing.

Freshly Started 6.00 Beta 1 game.
I strongly dissagree. Lots of timesit has happened to me in 6.00 in single or multiple dock stations. In some multiple dock stations if you wait 10-20 seconds the Trader materializes (Especially in the PAR Trade Station and the HAT one but that is the exception to the rule. As I said, it's not Egosoft's fault, it comes from Vulkan...

P.S. Longing for DX graphics with worse shadows but correct collision boxes and instant (Microsoft pays a lot of attention to it in detriment of third party applications/drivers) drawing...

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed from Missing trader at the Trader's corner of a SCA Pirate Base

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 28. Jan 23, 16:12

Please avoid debates in bug reports.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”