[FEEDBACK] Flee (7.00 Beta)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

JMCorp
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Flee (7.00 Beta)

Post by JMCorp » Wed, 8. May 24, 16:13

j.harshaw wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 21:32
JMCorp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 20:45
when you catch a ship fleeing and give it a manual command to dock somewhere and then cancel the flee override, the flee override should be BLOCKED on that ship for at least some time. i was trying to rescue a ship that was fleeing off into deep space, because stupid pilots. but he kept overriding my command with a flee that would NOT stop coming back literally as soon as i clicked the x on the previous one. needless to say i couldn't save him, even though there was a nearby friendly station that would have killed the attackers.
Improvement was already done if you interrupt a Flee order with an order to Move - order to Move was interpreted as an aid to Flee and ship was prevented from responding to attacks while executing the move order. That functionality now extended to orders to Dock in similar circumstances. Should be in a future update.
my opinion is that any order by the player given after the attack should be considered an override for any automatic response. not just specific ones.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 12. May 24, 06:19

Would it be possible that the flee message notification(s) contain the ship ID(s)?

..can't recall if the assualting ship ID is already there. Both player owned and pirate IDs would be great.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 15. May 24, 09:23

Overall FLEE is a good idea if:
1) the fleeing ship gets asap in or on a closeby highway/gate to escape and dock in the next sector if the highway/gate is within 20 Km or so.. (adjustable - by type of ship, big ships <=10Km smaller ships (can get faster up to speed) =>10km )
2) the fleeing ship gets asap to a nearby friendly station and dock there until the danger is gone.
3) the fleeing ship sends out a distress signal that not only reaches the player but also friendly and owned fighters to come to its aid, at once.
(Even appointed fighters to protect this ship is waiting in the next sector for him to arrive (WTF!) and 90% of the time I have to order him to help, changing its que... Weird.)

I remember that when become friends with another faction, they will come to my aid if they want, this happens not that often, all those hours playing I witnessed it ONCE!
So, in general interest, why not let them always come to the aid, this is what I do too, and maybe more players out there.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 15. May 24, 09:33

donzi wrote:
Sun, 12. May 24, 06:19
Would it be possible that the flee message notification(s) contain the ship ID(s)?

..can't recall if the assualting ship ID is already there. Both player owned and pirate IDs would be great.
Usually the message of harassement is short on the left bottom side of the screen, but it takes too long to come up at the players log. I witnessed harassements that did not even show up in the log at all. But there is, when it is showed there, all the info we need to kill them bastards...
If I get such a message, and the option for the harassed ship is set to flee, I pause the game, go to map and look at that one ship with a flee sign blinking next to its name. Then I go there, look for the protecting ship, order him to attack the pirate and if possible any nearby fighters and let them attack too, this works like a charm. If it is a Phoenix, I go there asap by myself and board the ship because of it's slow movements. Minotaurs are not worth it, so I don't need them.

Hope this tactic helps...
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Wed, 15. May 24, 10:34

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 15. May 24, 09:33
donzi wrote:
Sun, 12. May 24, 06:19

But there is, when it is showed there, all the info we need to kill them bastards...
It's common that I can't see the pirate at this stage -- not much sat coverage now. Other times they've moved or were never close to my NPC ship so I have to go hunting if I want to retaliate. In any event, the ID would provide certainty of the correct pirate ship even after it may turn blue and change faces.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 19. May 24, 12:43

..well. I think my suggestion is/was moot with respect to flee more or less. :oops:

I had been mainly monitoring the 'upkeep' list, which apparently isn't just a filtered portion of 'all' .. I didn't study it that much, but the player NPC and enemy ship ID is among both lists at times. Log aggregation(s) and the nuances of how/where all that is presented is another topic, which perhaps will be entertained during this beta.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”