[#2037]7.0 Beta 2 - Closing map hides target info screen

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Deaner3D

[#2037]7.0 Beta 2 - Closing map hides target info screen

Post by Deaner3D » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 09:20

Steps to replicate:
1.) While in pilot's seat in space, target anything. Target information window will display info.
2.) Open map
3.) Close map
4.) Previously displayed target information screen is gone, requiring unlocking the target and relocking to acquire the screen again.

darklead
x4

Re: 7.0 Beta 2 - Closing map hides target info screen

Post by darklead » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 14:30

I confirm, I have the same problem.
The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Falcrack
x4

[7.0 b2] Lower right ship info screen for targetted ship disappears after opening and closing map

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 18:09

I am targeting a Shuyaku Sentinel in the save game. When I open the map, and then close it, the screen in my cockpit that give ship info, such as hull, shields, etc. is no longer there. I can get the window to come back by deselecting it and selecting it again, but this is tedious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ag3-ye ... sp=sharing

DirkGriffin
x4

Re: [#2037]7.0 Beta 2 - Closing map hides target info screen

Post by DirkGriffin » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 09:08

Issue: target info HUD element hides after menu event although the in-game object is still selected.
Save 2: Heron E Selected
Save Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

Background:
Having anything selected in this case a Heron E when opening any menu, in this case the map will result in the target info display closing. The target is still selected, workaround for this requires to deselect the target and reselecting it.

Testing:
Select multiple ships and navigate through menu shortcuts to see which menus affects this issue.
Affected, Inventory “Shift + I”; Missions “Shift + M”; Map “M”; Main Menu “ESC”
Not Affected: Quick save “F5”; Comms “C”

Replication:
Select any object in the game universe and open any of the menus. once the menu has been closed the target info HUD element will be hidden.
Below Heron E selected as shown by while reticule and target info HUD element at the lower right corner.
IMG1.png
While having the ship still selected, opened the map by pressing “M” then closed it with “M” as well.
IMG2.png
Selection reticule still shows the while outline, but the target info HUD element is hidden.
IMG3.png
Clicking empty space shows that the ship is then deselected as the white reticule is now hidden.
IMG4.png
Personal Info for bug reports.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Six-Core Processor; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060; RAM: 32 GB; Install HDD: Transend SSD; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Game Info:; Version: 7.00 Beta 529848
DLC: SV; COH; TOA; KE Mods: None
Signature updated: 2024-04-27

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”