[7.0 Beta 2] Xenon PE boosts away although I am in captains chair (not boosting willingly)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Fred_Eric
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Xenon PE boosts away although I am in captains chair (not boosting willingly)

Post by Fred_Eric » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 15:27

The Xenon PE boosts away although I am in captains chair. As if the AI took over the xenon PE I was just steering and making a run about fleeing maneuver with the boosters (I did not boost and was very surprised). In retrospect, this happend when fighting another PE and my shields got pounded. This must have triggered the fleeing override command?!

Shortly after, I disembarked into the space suite to claim another PE and I can see that the PE I was just streering indeed has an override order for fleeing...
(Sidenote: maybe they capitulate to often at the moment? Its the second PE within just a few minutes that I claim.)

Savegame is here with both PE's in proximity. Player is currently in spacesuit and the PE will flee upon load of the savegame.

Is it a but or a feature? Actually, I find it quite interesting and also plausible that these AGI machines would not 100% let the player steer. But for casual players or for those who just want to play from the PE's cockpit without a hustle this behavior might be annoying.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/OqgFIFF0#link

Cheers,
Fred_eric

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”