[7.0 Beta 3] Syndicate ship overproduction in Windfall 1

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Inferlo
x4

[7.0 Beta 3] Syndicate ship overproduction in Windfall 1

Post by Inferlo » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 00:58

Vigor Syndicate produces massive amounts of ships in Windfall 1 which led to significant FPS drops in the sector. Looks like they don't use them anywhere only for sector patrolling.

Savegame: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/wwerftte ... myh1g&dl=0
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-28 013750.jpg

Scoob
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 3] Syndicate ship overproduction in Windfall 1

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 11:24

Last night a large VIG Fleet - comparable to that show in your screen shot - entered Silent Witness I. I've never seen such a fleet from VIG on the move before. I was approaching three days game time - fresh start for v7.0 - when the fleet appeared.

VIG producing too many ships was thought to be an issue caused by a Mod in v6.2 an prior - at least, that's what's been said by numerous people when others have enquired.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 15:15

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 24, 11:24
VIG producing too many ships was thought to be an issue caused by a Mod in v6.2 an prior - at least, that's what's been said by numerous people when others have enquired.
I have never used mods, and in both my playthroughs since Tides of Avarice was introduced I just can't go into Windfall sectors for too long after VIG have become established. Windfall is slideshow city due to the amount of fighters in those sectors.
My personal (High Attention) visits there are limited to get the Erlking and all Blueprints as best I can before fleets build up, then forget about those sectors.

I presented the problem a few times, once with a save, but it hasn't been addressed as far as I can tell. Maybe its also random seed connected, like the perceived aggressiveness of Xenon in some peoples games versus easily wiped out in others :gruebel:
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Apr 24, 17:39

This is good to know. I use mods in my main game, and they're always blamed for excessive VIG numbers, even though no one was quite sure which mod was to blame. Seeing it in a totally vanilla game too does explain things. To be clear, VIG are fielding quite massive forces in my game, but they've not be restricted just to their home sectors. Not sure where that large fleet was going, it seemed to be heading towards TEL space from Silent Witness I.

Note that I've not ventured into VIG space myself, but I did remotely order a ship to pass through their sectors on the way to RIP space, just so I could buy a Teuta. They had a decent amount of ships, but they'd not built the huge fleet - that I could see - which later entered Silent Witness I.

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 16:54

'the mods' is an excuse, even with a mod increasing and disabling limitations for factions this (image) should *not* happen. VIGs since inception of ToA are going on cheatcode (closed loop), they should have either be hard limited in ships present in sector (simple but crude solution) or the CL production should have a resource stopper (the scrap inefficiency is a bug which became a 'feature').
Attachments
20240429011533_1.jpg
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 17:28

How is this overproduction? VIG was already nerfed in 6.20, which is a shame if you ask me as they're the only faction that can sort of put up a fight.
Fixed Vigor Syndicate raiding parties concentrating at Windfall.
A lot of the performance impact in Windfall comes from the sector itself, not so much the ships in it.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 17:38

Here's a couple of screenshots in my current playthrough.

First screenshots shows Windfall 1 and distribution of various fighter fleets
Untitled0.png
The above screenshot has an arrow pointing to a fleet bottom right of the screen ..
.. Where I zoom in to on the following screenshot
Untitled.png
Yes the sector performance is worse than other sectors without big fleets, but these days not so much as it used to be (especially in 7 Beta 3 which is greatly improved on the performance front than 6.2 was).

However with fleets this size on my machine spec .. well as I said previously I just avoid the Windfall sectors these days.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”