[7.0 b3] Player clip through geometry using 8M npc dock elevator

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Boogalo
x4

[7.0 b3] Player clip through geometry using 8M npc dock elevator

Post by Boogalo » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 17:48

I'm not sure what exactly to call this dock since I don't think players can build it, but it is the tubular dock with 8 M spots in the middle and 19? S docks along each wall with moving pathway floors to get around faster.

Exploring the dock I found the elevators for the first time so I clicked on it, but then backed up, got caught by the closing guard glass and rode down the top of the elevator. I was in just the right spot to back up through geometry and fall into void below the floor. I couldn't find a way out without teleporting

video: https://streamable.com/eswiam

I've been unable to get the exact pixel spot correct again on purpose, but playing with the elevator I can:

ride the top of the elevator down and hop off
get the glass to come down and trap me. "use" is available on the glass so I can call the elevator back up and withdraws the glass
get stuck behind the elevator as it goes down and have to ride it back up to escape

You can do similar shenanigans with the elevator at the bottom but the most i've accomplished is being left in the bottom as the elevator leaves, being stuck in the glass as it closes, or being stuck in the elevator if it comes down on top of you, but jumping gets you out.

MageKingS70
x4

Re: [7.0 b3] Player clip through geometry using 8M npc dock elevator

Post by MageKingS70 » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 22:04

Boogalo wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 17:48
I'm not sure what exactly to call this dock since I don't think players can build it
It's an S/M fabrication bay (or maintenance bay); the blueprints can't be hacked, but can be bought from major factions (e.g. not HAT) at +20 rep (it's a "build module" rather than a "dock module"), so players can absolutely build them. The station was either a Wharf or an Equipment Dock.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 02:40

It is very easy to get trapped under the floor in one of the S/M fabrication bays or S/M maintenance bay. It is pretty much impossible to get out as far as I know. I've spent hours trying.

I also often get trapped behind the wall when using the airlock at Woodworm Scrubs.

I theorize that the anomaly that transported the HQ from Segaris space to Grand Exchange somehow messed up the players hadrons and now the Pauli exclusion principle is a bit fuzzy. I think this also explains what happened to Val Selton and Selaia if you play as Raibu. Val and Selaia got trapped in the floor as immortal beings and were forced to observe as Raibu does all the research with Boso.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. May 24, 10:12

Savegames showing the exact locations where this happens are pretty much the only way we will be able to identify what's going on here.

Cyron43
x4

Post by Cyron43 » Wed, 1. May 24, 12:11

I use these elevators all the time and I have never had any issues with them in 7.00. In fact it was the very first thing I have tested because some former betas had us glitch through the bottom. Just make sure you stand in the middle of the tube before you activate the elevator. No wonder you glitch out when the glass door cuts through you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”