Questions Regarding the Sectors

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fisher 2000
x3ap

Questions Regarding the Sectors

Post by fisher 2000 » Sun, 25. Apr 21, 00:35

I have just seen the new gameplay trailer on the x3FL steam page, and I love pretty much every aspect of the improved additions to the game!

One area I'm really interested in is the sector/ universe map. It seems from the gameplay, that each of the main races has adopted the TOA gates and technology (which would make sense in-universe) However, I noticed that these TOA sectors have looked to replace sectors that were unique to the universe on the map. For example (argon prime alpha/ beta and home of light alpha/ beta appear on the map in the argon portion of the galaxy) If this is the case, are we as players limited to a certain number of "core sectors" in the galaxy, has a lot of the previous sectors being replaced and has any scripting improved on the TOA as I seem to recall it was a chore travelling around Terran space in the previous games.

Another thing I noticed was the relay beacons that were placed in the trailer to find an unexplored part of space. If I was to explore and build a factory in one of these areas, could the AI reach it using the same method?

After watching all of the trailers and reading this forum daily, I'm really excited about this game!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”