Potential script/mod compatibility with TC & AP?

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Sorkvild
x3tc

Potential script/mod compatibility with TC & AP?

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 17:54

What mods and scripts in general may or may not work with FL. I'm sure simple scripts with extra commands such as "collect astronauts" will definitely work, but what about more complex scripts like Satellite Early Warning Network from bonus pack for AP or Bail Extension and Salvage Claim Soft?
But what about mods applied as fake patch? Backgrounds mods? Ship Cockpit mods? Extra ships?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Potential script/mod compatibility with TC & AP?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 18:38

Scripts for TC/AP can be loaded in X3FL, if installed to the X3FL game folder. That's similar to X3AP. You will always want to check whether the feature in question has been added in the same or a similar manner to the vanilla game already, before adding a script that does the same. You may also want to check whether the script references anything (sectors, objects etc.) which doesn't exist in X3FL anymore.

Mods will almost certainly need adjustments to the new files. (Unless it's really just a resource file that is used by X3AP and X3FL alike.)

You can check out the X3FL Scripts and Modding Forum for documentation on what was changed between the two games to get an idea of what adjustments are necessary.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”